Home

Highest Selling Madden since 2013

This is a discussion on Highest Selling Madden since 2013 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 05:33 PM   #25
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Highest Selling Madden since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ummm, I don't think many PC players bought Madden though. I know I didn't. I only have Madden because I have Origin Premiere, which gives you the game for free.
oh yeah, i kind of forgot about the Origin Premier deal. Good point.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 09:04 PM   #26
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Ummm, I don't think many PC players bought Madden though. I know I didn't. I only have Madden because I have Origin Premiere, which gives you the game for free.
I definitely bought it and I'm positive a bunch of others did too. People have been begging EA to put Madden back out on PC for almost 10 years now. Hell there was/is a pretty decent size community that was still modding Madden 08 lol.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:40 PM   #27
MVP

marshallfever's Arena

OVR: 13

There's no denying the game has gotten better through the years, that's very apparent, you would have to be blind not to see the changes they've made. My concern isnt that the game isnt moving forward for the better, my concern is, is it moving forward fast enough!?

Year to year the game is definitely making improvements but they're so incremental. I dont doubt the developers have all these great ideas in mind for the series but they're not given the time necessary to really push the franchise forward in big leaps.

At least with the COD franchise each of their developers gets 2-3 years to put their stamp on the game, sports franchises dont get that amount of freedom

It would be very interesting if EA added another team to work on Madden, allowing each team to get 2 years of development on the franchise. But i doubt that'll ever happen since it makes a crap ton of money as is!
Old 09-20-2018, 11:16 PM   #28
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Fast isn't always equate to better all the time.

If they went the way of COD, then you are talking about double the expenses, ie salaries, marketing, etc... EA would need to determine if they could take that financial risk/jump.
Old 09-21-2018, 12:36 AM   #29
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah its pretty important for sports game producers to turn out a game every year before the start of each season.

With cod its not like we’re gettimg hyped for this season nuclear war.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 09-21-2018, 01:57 AM   #30
Thread Killer

unfriendlyghst's Arena

OVR: 8

I must add my 2 cents to this discussion. I've been one of those modding madden 08 for 10 years and I bought into origin premier specifically for madden 19. Since I have not been playing madden in recent years, and dove into mut (no money spent) I've put in about 230 hours so far and am having a blast.

Clearly this is the mode that gets the majority of the money, dev time and I couldn't be happier. Playing against cpu solos and against others teams (paid or not) the matchups are endless, and finding randoms to battle cpu mut squads has been very refreshing.

As someone who has been on the outside looking in for so long, I am more than happy with my purchase. Franchise may need major work but I'll never know, since I've heard it has been bad for a while, my franchise is acquiring and training legends and players that I like for my mut squad.

That is all.
Old 09-22-2018, 04:08 PM   #31
Rookie

bigdnlaca's Arena

OVR: 2

My theory is the PC and that GameStop had that promotion with the trade in promo for the Xbox one x along with the free game with the purchase. That promotion started when Madden came out.

Most people probably didn’t keep Madden as they probably trade it in somewhere else for credit but Madden still got credit for the sale.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 09:16 AM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

Just saw on bestbuy that this game is already $40, is that normal? Maybe I never paid attention, but I don't remember seeing madden discounted a month after it's release. And if that is the norm, I'll be better off waiting a month later for the game, instead of preordering it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »