Home

Highest Selling Madden since 2013

This is a discussion on Highest Selling Madden since 2013 within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2018, 04:14 PM   #33
Pro

GOBLUE_08's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Highest Selling Madden since 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Just saw on bestbuy that this game is already $40, is that normal? Maybe I never paid attention, but I don't remember seeing madden discounted a month after it's release. And if that is the norm, I'll be better off waiting a month later for the game, instead of preordering it.
It's pretty normal these days. Everyone that really wanted Madden has already bought it at this point. They drop the price to entice those that were on the fence. Also NHL 19 just released and FIFA is almost here
Old 09-23-2018, 07:02 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Just saw on bestbuy that this game is already $40, is that normal? Maybe I never paid attention, but I don't remember seeing madden discounted a month after it's release. And if that is the norm, I'll be better off waiting a month later for the game, instead of preordering it.
Not normal at all. 30 dollar black friday is the normal first discount. After that it is usually back up to full price with some sales right before christmas. If you look at best buys games you will see a lot of games much older than madden at full price. Good for consumers so i ain't complaining.
Old 09-24-2018, 06:26 PM   #35
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Madden 19 is in no way "Good". It's enjoyable, at times, but more frustrating than enjoyable.

The biggest issue isn't even Madden. It's the gaming industry as a whole, as it's largely unregulated.

Any Joe Schmo on the internet can take a Unity Asset, type up a good description of a video game, put it on Steam, and make $1,200 in a week. No penalty whatsoever.

Madden is just the pinnacle of Anti-Consumerism:
- Exclusivity
- No competition
- Riddled with Microtransactions
- Very small incremental updates each year
- Overblown advertising
- Poor releases year after year
- Slow to fix glaring issues
- Does not listen to community

The best us gamers can hope and pray for is the NFL to not renew it's license with EA. Or for IMV Gaming to make a quality product.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2018, 08:14 PM   #36
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Good is such a subjective description along with the word enjoyable to 5 or 6 million consumers.

We just aren't the target audience anymore.

Either you go along with the ride and adjust or get left in the dust.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #37
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Madden 19 is in no way "Good". It's enjoyable, at times, but more frustrating than enjoyable.
Speak for yourself, I'm enjoying the hell out of Madden this year and I'm more than happy to call it a great game. That's the beauty of opinions.
Quote:
The biggest issue isn't even Madden. It's the gaming industry as a whole, as it's largely unregulated.

Any Joe Schmo on the internet can take a Unity Asset, type up a good description of a video game, put it on Steam, and make $1,200 in a week. No penalty whatsoever.
Not sure how Unity asset flips are relevant to this discussion, speaking as someone who is keenly aware of them (I'm a Unity engineer and I watch a lot of Jim Sterling).

Quote:
Madden is just the pinnacle of Anti-Consumerism:
- Exclusivity (I don't have the energy to revive a debate that's been settled for 14 years, so have this one if you want to keep score)
- No competition (objectively false; Madden has plenty of competition on consoles, your definition of competition remains too narrow)
- Riddled with Microtransactions (objectively false; MTX in Madden are isolated to Ultimate Team, and MUT is certainly a friendlier game to grind for free than many of its industry peers)
- Very small incremental updates each year (subjective, and I obviously vehemently disagree)
- Overblown advertising (irrelevant; how a private for-profit company advertising a product anti-consumer behavior?)
- Poor releases year after year (subjective; I like the game personally, and regardless of either of our opinions the game's continued critical and sales success disputes this anyway)
- Slow to fix glaring issues (demonstrably and objectively false; Tiburon has provided post-release support and updates for Madden games year-round for the past several iterations and are a continuous development studio)
- Does not listen to community(demonstrably and objectively false)
Responses inline.

Quote:
The best us gamers can hope and pray for is the NFL to not renew it's license with EA. Or for IMV Gaming to make a quality product.
You're going to be waiting a long time for either of these things to happen.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:15 PM   #38
Stop The GOAT Talk

SageInfinite's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Madden 19 is in no way "Good".
I agree. I can't ever say Madden is a good game. I definitely enjoy it, but I can't call it a good game. Too many things that are missing or that just don't work properly or consistently.

SageInfinite Bandcamp
https://sageinfinite.bandcamp.com/album/interminable
https://soundcloud.com/sageinfinite
Hidden Language Video Feat. Grandmilly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hf5nW4rGTFM

#makethemaddenforumgreatagain
Old 09-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #39
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

[quote=SageInfinite;2049548226I can't ever say Madden is a good game.[/QUOTE]

Ever Sage? lol just spoofing on you.

I say good with rooms for improvement.
Old 09-24-2018, 09:50 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I agree. I can't ever say Madden is a good game. I definitely enjoy it, but I can't call it a good game. Too many things that are missing or that just don't work properly or consistently.
I have a bigger problem calling it a sim than good. I enjoy the game but i know a football game could be made that would be light years better. As long as my punter can kick endzone to endzone it is not a sim.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »