Home

Best players to develop

This is a discussion on Best players to develop within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 03:16 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Best players to develop

Who are some good players with physical stats who can be developed to become beast? IE: QBs who are fast with strong arms or RBs with good speed and elusiveness?

Basically players who are already good in the expensive upgrades
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 05:22 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Best players to develop

The better way to go about developing good players is to find younger more athletic players with atleast quick development or higher. It makes having a good team in a year or two way too easy even with original xp sliders

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-21-2018, 08:44 AM   #3
MVP

Ju ju has the potential with his age to chase down rice in the books. I had him well underway until i just got fired after the 2025 season with three super bowls. I guess that is what you get when you pick the superbowl as your goal and don't make it three consecutive seasons.
Old 09-21-2018, 10:22 AM   #4
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang
Who are some good players with physical stats who can be developed to become beast? IE: QBs who are fast with strong arms or RBs with good speed and elusiveness?

To an extent it depends on your scheme. It's hard to say specifically pick a fast, strong arm QB, or an elusive back etc etc. If you love to throw, a pocket passer may be better. If you're power run, an elusive back, doesn't fit.

In general, however, the best bets are guys with quick or superstar development.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-22-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
MVP

prey2god's Arena

Tremaine Edumunds. This dude is a beast and becomes even beastlier in his second year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2018, 04:13 AM   #6
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpOffMang

anyone with SS or Star dev... unlike previous titles, you are not going to take a normal dev player regardless of his attributes and make him a beast.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:50 AM   #7
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

It's important to find someone who fits your scheme because of the MASSIVE boost they get in training each week. It's an extra 1K+ each week, which is huge.

If you're in a solo league you can always change the progression of someone that you think has a chance to be a star but the game doesn't see it. For me, I changed up Josh Adams (RB, Philly) to be quick dev since he was a UDFA and has a ton of talent. We'll see how he comes along, but doing that with guys is a good idea if there's someone on the team you like in real life that was a surprise addition to the practice squad/53 man roster or someone that the reporters buzzed about all offseason.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:05 AM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
anyone with SS or Star dev... unlike previous titles, you are not going to take a normal dev player regardless of his attributes and make him a beast.
That is why i use my stories worksheet to keep the league in flux. Predictability in progression/regression makes franchise get stale for those of us who sim a lot of games and go through a couple decades. Dynamic development traits are not adequate because it rewards the players who do the best with the ability to do better which screws the rest of the players.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »