Home
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2018, 12:20 AM   #1
Rookie
 
David129's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Georgia
Max Protect?

How do you max protect on Madden 19 on PS4?
David129 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2018, 02:53 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2018
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David129
How do you max protect on Madden 19 on PS4?
Press L1 then it will give you the choice from Max Protect, Slide Left, Slide Right and Pinch bud
Lewis94Gaming is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:17 PM   #3
MVP
 
underdog13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,194
Re: Max Protect?

Not to hi-jack the thread, but I figured I'd ask the question since OP got their answer.

Does anyone else feel like "max protect" when running the ball works like the old "aggressive " lins shift did. I've been using it for successful runs when I want the O-Line to really try and climb to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
__________________
PSN: Dalton1985
Steam: Failure To Communicate
underdog13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I figured I'd ask the question since OP got their answer.

Does anyone else feel like "max protect" when running the ball works like the old "aggressive " lins shift did. I've been using it for successful runs when I want the O-Line to really try and climb to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I haven't tried it yet regarding running plays. Playing as the Cowboys, my O-line does a great job of picking up their assignments, and I am playing on all pro with user sliders defeated.

I will say that since the latest patch, max protection is working somewhat better. However, it has been my experience that if you call for max pro in a shotgun formation with the tight end inline, it is advisable to also slide the protection to the tight end side. That way, your tight end won't be assigned to block an edge rusher by himself and blockers engaged in double-teams will do a better job of getting off those blocks and picking up blitzers as necessary.
edgevoice is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:13 PM   #5
Pro
 
Jagsfan24's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2016
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Not to hi-jack the thread, but I figured I'd ask the question since OP got their answer.

Does anyone else feel like "max protect" when running the ball works like the old "aggressive " lins shift did. I've been using it for successful runs when I want the O-Line to really try and climb to the next level.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I use it a lot when running, sometimes it works I think but other times I donít think it does
Jagsfan24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 06:16 PM   #6
Rookie
 
JayhawkerStL's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 3,134
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagsfan24
I use it a lot when running, sometimes it works I think but other times I donít think it does
So that is good, correct? You don't want it to be automatic, right?
__________________
XBL: JayhawkerStL

----

"I think a lot of the anger some fans have toward video games they fear will disappoint them are rooted in unrelated desires for basic existential validation. And I get that. But no video game (or movie, or book, or song) is ever going to fill that hole." - Arthur Gies
JayhawkerStL is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:41 PM   #7
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2018
Re: Max Protect?

I'm confused.

Max Protect should simply put any HBs, FBs, and TEs (when "traditionally" positioned in the backfield/inline) in a pass block assignment. It's functionally the same thing as calling pass block hot routes for each of those players individually.

On a non-draw run, it should have no effect, and might even screw it up by switching a run block assignment to a pass block assignment. Are you saying it has some additional effect in the run game? What happens to the player's play art when you use it?
tg88forHOF is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:26 PM   #8
MVP
 
underdog13's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Chicago
Posts: 3,194
Re: Max Protect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tg88forHOF
I'm confused.

Max Protect should simply put any HBs, FBs, and TEs (when "traditionally" positioned in the backfield/inline) in a pass block assignment. It's functionally the same thing as calling pass block hot routes for each of those players individually.

On a non-draw run, it should have no effect, and might even screw it up by switching a run block assignment to a pass block assignment. Are you saying it has some additional effect in the run game? What happens to the player's play art when you use it?
So before they added in max protect pushing up on the line shift used to do an "aggressive" line shift. It would have guys block more edge rushers and for run plays, linemen would tend to get to the next level more.

Whether or not that still has an effect on run plays is unknown. I feel like it still does, but obviously that could be placebo effect or a small sample size.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
__________________
PSN: Dalton1985
Steam: Failure To Communicate
underdog13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Top -