Home

Is there anything more satisfying in this game then throwing the ball to a true #1 WR

This is a discussion on Is there anything more satisfying in this game then throwing the ball to a true #1 WR within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 03:42 PM   #1
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Is there anything more satisfying in this game then throwing the ball to a true #1 WR

I'm playing as the Broncos and have been just loving throwing the ball to D. Thomas. He just had another great game (11rec 180yds 1td). I don't think there is anything more satisfying then connecting on a comeback route, or hitting him over the middle on a skinny post/ deep in. Love the wr animations when they beat out a db for the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 05:08 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Is there anything more satisfying in this game then throwing the ball to a true #

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I'm playing as the Broncos and have been just loving throwing the ball to D. Thomas. He just had another great game (11rec 180yds 1td). I don't think there is anything more satisfying then connecting on a comeback route, or hitting him over the middle on a skinny post/ deep in. Love the wr animations when they beat out a db for the ball.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Skinny posts and comebacks are very big in my timing-based scheme. I had a third and 15 I needed converted late against the Redskins for the division lead and I perfectly timed a comeback to Michael Gallup for the first. Skinny posts are trickier this year. While you want to hit your receiver between the numbers and the hashes, you really have to read the DB leverage carefully...

Deep outs are really nice against cover 3 and are rewarding when timed up just right.. Of course, I need to remember to click on to receiver and press A to keep his arse in bounds...
Old 09-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #3
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Re: Is there anything more satisfying in this game then throwing the ball to a true #

I wouldn't know, I use the Cowboys lol. I can only imagine how nice it would be to have a true target though. Currently it's a game of spreading the wealth. There isn't one particular guy I can key on in a do or die situation.

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-21-2018, 06:17 PM   #4
Banned

My Mahomes to Hill says, "Hi!"
Old 09-22-2018, 07:20 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I wouldn't know, I use the Cowboys lol. I can only imagine how nice it would be to have a true target though. Currently it's a game of spreading the wealth. There isn't one particular guy I can key on in a do or die situation.
I ended up starting Gallup at X and putting Hurns in the slot. Hurns really blossomed and Gallup is coming along, although he'll drop some balls. I use Austin as my Z slot when I am in a twins formation and Beasley is my go to guy in the slot when I am in empty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Just started!

Not sure how to post
Old 09-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #7
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
I ended up starting Gallup at X and putting Hurns in the slot. Hurns really blossomed and Gallup is coming along, although he'll drop some balls. I use Austin as my Z slot when I am in a twins formation and Beasley is my go to guy in the slot when I am in empty.

I use Gallup a lot too. He’s around a 78 now in year two. Hurns did ok for me in year one, pretty good actually. 88 catches and over 800 yards. In year two he’s a great red zone threat. I traded Beasley and got back Ryan Switzer and a pick for him. Switzer was actually decent, very shifty. I also snagged a small speedster rookie from the Panthers practice squad who is great.

Overall though, however, still not truly “go to” guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Major Boise State fan
Old 09-22-2018, 10:14 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet19
I use Gallup a lot too. He’s around a 78 now in year two. Hurns did ok for me in year one, pretty good actually. 88 catches and over 800 yards. In year two he’s a great red zone threat. I traded Beasley and got back Ryan Switzer and a pick for him. Switzer was actually decent, very shifty. I also snagged a small speedster rookie from the Panthers practice squad who is great.

Overall though, however, still not truly “go to” guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Definitely more challenging to make sure I have a nice mixture of plays, especially on 3rd down. I hit Austin on twins pa cross for a long td last night.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »