Home

Results of Yearly Franchise Community Survey

This is a discussion on Results of Yearly Franchise Community Survey within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 10:35 AM   #17
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Results of Yearly Franchise Community Survey

Who is that 1 guy playing on rookie?! haha

Good survey man. Glad to see a ton of people participated.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:38 AM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Who is that 1 guy playing on rookie?! haha

Good survey man. Glad to see a ton of people participated.
It's actually a 14 man league that has been running for 2 years. One of the cool things about this is I can get an interesting snapshot in what makes some of these leagues tick.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:47 AM   #19
Rookie

Thank you for doing this, as well as letting us know the results, T4Verts!

If some of those top 5 suggestions were to be worked on for the next game, that would be great. Some of my suggestions are in there
Old 09-25-2018, 12:21 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
It's actually a 14 man league that has been running for 2 years. One of the cool things about this is I can get an interesting snapshot in what makes some of these leagues tick.
It's probably the level at which the player can make the biggest difference.
Old 09-26-2018, 08:32 AM   #21
MVP

howboutdat's Arena

OVR: 4

Thanks for that survey. Nice seeing about 63% were "online" leagues or leagues with more than 1 user in them. Not really a surprise to me though.
Also nice to see our league is in the top 37% of how long its been running consecutively .

One thing id like to touch on, ive not seen many people talk about really, i think should generate more convo around dealing with the addition of coordinators:

EA already has a tool in place that could really help here. Coach Glass ( one feature madden offers im always surprised no one talks about really, but i know why too ,see below). It basically acts sort of like a coordinator for you during your games. With a lot of very good and useful info.

We learned when they put in gamep planning that the data on your weekly opponent was only based off last weeks 1st down plays( prob still the same this year).

I could see two big improvements where they could add coordinators mixed in with coach glass here.

Gameplanning: Use coach glass on each owner in each league to gather data on their playcalling in just that individual league. So if they are in multiple, it does not tie all their other leagues playcalling into the data. Because if they have different teams, they may play different in other leagues so that would skew the data. Show a good break down of the data ,as it is in coach glass mixed in with some extra situational data , and give you the break down of their total playcalling in that league , in the gameplanning screen.

Suggest a play : This feature in madden could be really cool way to also have coordinators impact the game in your league.Unfortunately , currently , this feature pulls data from ALL online games played . So when it says " the broncos run x often on 3rd and long" it really means , based on all online play (where a majority of it is what most would call "unsim" or lobby ball) . We dont need that data in our CFMs. Why not seperate that in a cfm to that specific cfm? So the data is only on the user you are playing, his playcalling just in that league. That would really give you a in game coordinator. At the start of the game it could pull off his total playcalling . As the game goes along it could add another line at the bottom of the suggestion : " This Game" . This data would be basically pulled straight from coach glass info during that game, and just put it on the screen for you . So you would have the most up to date data on your current opponents playcalling, instead of seeing what all the lobby heads run online. That data is rather useless in a sim league really. Why not make this feature useful?

The last thing i want to say on this. One of the reasons i believe Coach Glass is not talked about or used as much, is its just " one more thing" while trying to play. One more thing to try to look at, as you must look at your phone, tablet in order to see the data. Why not tie that data straight into the playcalling screen somehow in your CFM. So that this great feature is actually seen and used more by people. I bet if it was somehow on screen, people would love it. But as it is, having to look off screen to see the data, its just " one more thing to do" to most so they dont use it. Not to mention having to connect it once you start your game.

I personally think they could make coach glass so much more used and get the full effect it could bring by tying it in with a mix of coordinators addition to franchise mode that would really be something all cfm people like. I really hope they will look into this and make it a reality. No need in a great feature being unused because its poorly implimented. Also it already has numerous tools that would be needed to add a realistic type coordinator to your franchise. Thats the data they keep up with from week to week.

Twitter
Twitch Channel
MBC Twitch Channel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 09:34 AM   #22
MVP

Updated OP to add in difficulty level distribution based on play style (user vs user/ user vs CPU). Kind of interesting that when dealing with mainly CPU opponents people choose to go All-Pro, but when dealing with mainly humans All-Madden is the difficulty setting of choice.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:32 AM   #23
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by T4VERTS
Updated OP to add in difficulty level distribution based on play style (user vs user/ user vs CPU). Kind of interesting that when dealing with mainly CPU opponents people choose to go All-Pro, but when dealing with mainly humans All-Madden is the difficulty setting of choice.
I think this is because of when playing on all-madden rather than the CPU straight up out playing you it feels like to beat you it dumbs down the AI of your players. This feels especially true to me when the CPU is on offense. This year I feel like it doesn't happen as often, the CPU seems to play a fair game for t he most part, but then I'll have them pinned down to a 3rd and 15 and the safety that I'm not controlling all of a sudden forgets he's on a football field and watches as the WR easily cathces a pass just underneath him.

In the past, All-Pro with sliders has always been the way to go with CFMs vs the CPU. It's a fun game on all madden for user vs user though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »