Home

How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers?

This is a discussion on How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-29-2018, 08:21 PM   #17
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: How the heck do you guys beat Aaron Rodgers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
Please tell me how ya'll beat him.

I have tried almost everything. He always torches me. Always.

I don't think I've had a game against him where hasn't thrown for over 400 yards.

Even worse in my recent 48-26 loss to him as the Cardinals I sacked the man 7 times. 7!!! And he still torched me. 518 yds and 5 TDs.
I mean I already knew I was going to lose the game but I at least wanted to lose valiantly!
There are quite a few real life NFL teams that are still trying figure out this same thing. In this years madden game I've beaten the Packers a few times but no matter which slider set or default difficulty level I've played them on it's always a shootout. Whenever I play against Rodgers i have to play smart and try to keep the ball out of his hands
Old 10-29-2018, 09:08 PM   #18
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

I don't think I've had a game against him where hasn't thrown for over 400 yards.

Even worse in my recent 48-26 loss to him as the Cardinals I sacked the man 7 times. 7!!! And he still torched me. 518 yds and 5 TDs.
I mean I already knew I was going to lose the game but I at least wanted to lose valiantly!
This is easy...score the last TD and KO to Ty Montgomery and hit stick him to make him fumble...take your knees and win the game. Boom
Old 10-30-2018, 09:41 PM   #19
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0

It’s weird. For some reason, I kill Rodgers every time I play him. And, I’m talking for the past 3-5 maddens, actually. I always go into the game thinking, ‘I hope Rodgers lights me up a little to keep it real and interesting.’ And, then I INT him on his first throw or something. Lol.

I think I’ve had my biggest problems with brees, actually, and that’s probably a rivalry thing built into the game as I play with atl. But, he doesn’t torch me, necessarily. But, for some reason, I’ve never had issues with Rodgers and normally INT him a few times a game. Then, I play some rookie backup qb who lights me up. Lol. So, I mean, madden is kind of unpredictable that way, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2018, 07:54 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

i play coach mode, so i have a different take on it

first don't let him have the ball, i still snap with 15-20 secs left on the game clock, if i have 13-15 play drives that's fine. even though im coach mode because of the glitch where when you press RB on the highlighted defender to avoid them standing still in coach mode, the hyper awareness means my FS has the most tackles in a season. i play in base 3-4, and then get creative with personnel subs in 3-3-5/2-4-5 nickel, dollar and quarter normal. as for coverage i rotate man under/c2 and c3 mainly. if he is kicking me then c4/c6 and other things are used. i do tend to spy when possible. i know he will throw which is handy. this game is broken on default even with the speed change. my defense this year gave up less then 400 yds rushing in coach mode. so if they can't run they throw. i have 2 95 MLBers, so one is the ROLB and i like dollar and 2-3-6 Will. i want my best 11 on the field dependant on the situation so i do rotate a lot.
Old 10-31-2018, 12:45 PM   #21
MVP

KiffinWillWin's Arena

Quote:

Control The Clock Win Time Of Possession. Force Turnovers.
Favorite NFL Team: Las Vegas Raiders
Favorite Players Of All-Time: Derek Carr & Tom Brady
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 11:06 AM   #22
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Vs User it's easier to bait mistakes but really you kinda just have to pray its an off game since he's an accurate Mike VIck for a skilled user. Vs CPU its as easy as getting a lead and a stop and playing ball control. AI Rodgers is still bound to programming after all and if you know the Madden tendencies you can shut down the offense quick
Old 11-07-2018, 02:35 AM   #23
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Nano blitz the crap out of him. Hey, if the computer was going to cheat on All Madden, then two can play that game!
Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 AM   #24
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
It’s weird. For some reason, I kill Rodgers every time I play him. And, I’m talking for the past 3-5 maddens, actually. I always go into the game thinking, ‘I hope Rodgers lights me up a little to keep it real and interesting.’ And, then I INT him on his first throw or something. Lol.

I think I’ve had my biggest problems with brees, actually, and that’s probably a rivalry thing built into the game as I play with atl. But, he doesn’t torch me, necessarily. But, for some reason, I’ve never had issues with Rodgers and normally INT him a few times a game. Then, I play some rookie backup qb who lights me up. Lol. So, I mean, madden is kind of unpredictable that way, sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played one of the most epic Madden 19 games ever with the Falcons at Saints. I was down 41-20 after the Saints scored a TD at the beginning of the 4th quarter. No way I'm winning this but I'm not gonna give up. Couple touchdowns later it's 41-34 and I've got a chance until I start on my on 3 yard line with about less than 3 minutes left. No way, I'm toast, not so fast my friend!!! Ryan to Julio for 97 yards and a TD!! Oh no!! Did that just happen? Yes!!!! Tie game!!! Defense somehow miracle stops Brees and I get the ball back. I get into FG range and set it up for Money Bryant who nails it to win the game 44-41!! So epic!!!
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »