Home

Getting a Player to Fit your Scheme

This is a discussion on Getting a Player to Fit your Scheme within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Getting a Player to Fit your Scheme

How do you get a player currently on your roster to become a scheme fit?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 10:21 AM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting a Player to Fit your Scheme

Increase their stats in the area that fits your scheme, or if a ton of guys don't fit then you can just change your scheme.

Or, if you want to take the Chip Kelly approach you can trade or cut everyone that doesn't fit your scheme and justify it by telling everyone that they've got gang ties.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:03 PM   #3
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

I don't know what the consequences are for having a player with a high rating but isn't a scheme fit is. I have some guys( as I'm sure many others do) that aren't scheme fits and they are playing just fine. I mean, Keenan Allen isn't a scheme fit but is my best WR so I don't know why they even have scheme fits in the game. Kinda dumb if you ask me. I really think it is meaningless.
I don't think I need a MLB that is a field general as I don't think it adds anything to him to be a scheme fit. If I can't resign Perryman ( who has turned down my offers) I'll draft another MLB who isn't a field general but has other good ratings about him.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Increase their stats in the area that fits your scheme, or if a ton of guys don't fit then you can just change your scheme.

Or, if you want to take the Chip Kelly approach you can trade or cut everyone that doesn't fit your scheme and justify it by telling everyone that they've got gang ties.

I like the Chip Kelly approach. Lol.

Sent from something on some app of some sort.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:15 PM   #5
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I don't know what the consequences are for having a player with a high rating but isn't a scheme fit is. I have some guys( as I'm sure many others do) that aren't scheme fits and they are playing just fine. I mean, Keenan Allen isn't a scheme fit but is my best WR so I don't know why they even have scheme fits in the game. Kinda dumb if you ask me. I really think it is meaningless.
I don't think I need a MLB that is a field general as I don't think it adds anything to him to be a scheme fit. If I can't resign Perryman ( who has turned down my offers) I'll draft another MLB who isn't a field general but has other good ratings about him.
While it has no on-field gameplay effect, players who are scheme fits earn a ton of bonus XP in weekly training. In some cases it's up to triple the amount of XP they'd otherwise earn if they weren't scheme fits.

Scheme fit is incredibly important for players who don't get significant playing time, as without it those players will develop very slowly (less training XP, and also far fewer opportunities to earn XP through statistics-based goals). It's far from meaningless; arguably it's too important this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2018, 12:23 PM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
While it has no on-field gameplay effect, players who are scheme fits earn a ton of bonus XP in weekly training. In some cases it's up to triple the amount of XP they'd otherwise earn if they weren't scheme fits.

Scheme fit is incredibly important for players who don't get significant playing time, as without it those players will develop very slowly (less training XP, and also far fewer opportunities to earn XP through statistics-based goals). It's far from meaningless; arguably it's too important this year.
Ah, well that's good to know as I had no idea why it was even in the game if no on field performance letdowns from it.
So make sure as best you can to have your backups a scheme fit. Not sure I like that feature but it is what it is in this game.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:23 PM   #7
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't like that they are oddly rigid. Every WR a possession/slot/RZT? How often to teams bring in a guy who can take the top off or reliably move the chains because they feel they don't have one? Same with RB, Dion Lewis to the Titans anyone? Get a complement to Henry not a clone. If we can't set them ourselves like before then at least make positions that are 3-4 players deep varied
Old 10-02-2018, 08:20 PM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haze88
I don't like that they are oddly rigid. Every WR a possession/slot/RZT? How often to teams bring in a guy who can take the top off or reliably move the chains because they feel they don't have one? Same with RB, Dion Lewis to the Titans anyone? Get a complement to Henry not a clone. If we can't set them ourselves like before then at least make positions that are 3-4 players deep varied
Yeah I'm with ya. Sometimes the Madden team tries to do too much IMO. I really don't think the scene fit thing is a good idea, especialy if it has a big effect on the players development.
Me I don't want three of the same RBs that are power runners and are slow.
I prefer RBs that are fast and have decent size to them. Not the 190 lb fast guys but the 205 to 215 lb fast guys. And all the fast WRs in the draft are all smallish guys too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »