Home

So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro

This is a discussion on So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 01:01 AM   #9
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: So, who's found the best way to play All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon17000
I'm having similar issues. I've fixed human passing with the sliders, but even with 25 to run block, I still have holes you can drive a semi through. With 85 run block, the AI still has 14 carries for 16 yards with Kareem Hunt, and forget the AI throwing the ball any further than 8 yards.

Meanwhile, the psychic AI on All-Madden is ridiculous.

I'm trying different slider sets, but nothing feels accurate, or challenging while still on the same playing field.
Don't see how your getting holes that big. In 21 games my longest run is 23 yards with run block on 60, and Gordons speed is a 92. Dare I say you must be exaggerating.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:00 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Don't see how your getting holes that big. In 21 games my longest run is 23 yards with run block on 60, and Gordons speed is a 92. Dare I say you must be exaggerating.

I've had a couple 80 yard runs with Tarik Cohen, but those were with at least one broken tackle. But my average carry is between 8 and 13 yards. Just last game, Cohen ran 17 times for 135 yards.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:55 AM   #11
Rookie

Some have said that switching RB sense pressure to oblivious has helped. I tried it and so far it seems to help the backs get north/south and not dance their way into getting tackled. Could be placebo effect but so far it’s helped the CPU run game. Lots of interesting researching being done on traits and I’m starting to think they’re more important than attributes, not sure how I feel about this. On one hand there are quite a few players in real life that it’s hard to figure out why they are good and it does come down to traits. On the other hand, attributes need to matter too. Maybe awareness needs to become a trait instead, somehow, like sense pressure is?

Anyways, I felt the cpu became less predictable when I turned off previous play art (another suggestion here). Not sure if that’s also confirmation bias or not, but QBs are throwing more 50/50 balls and fewer checkdowns. It also forces balanced playcalling which helps the run game work better- seeing 18 carries for 80 yards kind of games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax25
Some have said that switching RB sense pressure to oblivious has helped. I tried it and so far it seems to help the backs get north/south and not dance their way into getting tackled. Could be placebo effect but so far it’s helped the CPU run game. Lots of interesting researching being done on traits and I’m starting to think they’re more important than attributes, not sure how I feel about this. On one hand there are quite a few players in real life that it’s hard to figure out why they are good and it does come down to traits. On the other hand, attributes need to matter too. Maybe awareness needs to become a trait instead, somehow, like sense pressure is?

Anyways, I felt the cpu became less predictable when I turned off previous play art (another suggestion here). Not sure if that’s also confirmation bias or not, but QBs are throwing more 50/50 balls and fewer checkdowns. It also forces balanced playcalling which helps the run game work better- seeing 18 carries for 80 yards kind of games.
I also believe selecting the right traits for the skill positions is critical. As is Awareness. I think Awareness is the most important rating for any player. Bump it over 90 and you will see much better sideline awareness, upfield running, decision making, etc.

Going to try the Oblivious rating for RBs...was using Average which I think is some sort of middle ground.

C
Old 10-05-2018, 11:23 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 2

My quick thoughts on traits. I've spent a lot of time digging into various traits and how they impact gameplay. For the most part I see traits as boosters to certain attributes.

The best example is Big Hitter. This gives a boost to Hit Power and triggers many of the "WWE" style hits. In most cases players with Big Hitter also have a high Hit Power, so why do they need a boost?

By turning off or adjusting certain traits, it's possible to smooth out some of the issues with Madden. The nice thing about traits, as opposed to sliders, is that they are specific to the player and not universal. I've been getting great results with AP, everything set to 50 and editing traits.

I see the sense pressure trait as a bubble around the player. As you slide down, i.e. ideal to average, you shrink the bubble. This is why it helps with blocking and seems to help HBs. Ideal makes them almost psychic in that is the largest bubble. Oblivious is the smallest bubble and an opposing player must be very close before they react.

Just some thoughts. Hope it helps.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #14
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

But who wants to go into every RB and edit them all to oblivious? I sure don't. We shouldn't have to spend hours editing stuff like this.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
My quick thoughts on traits. I've spent a lot of time digging into various traits and how they impact gameplay. For the most part I see traits as boosters to certain attributes.

The best example is Big Hitter. This gives a boost to Hit Power and triggers many of the "WWE" style hits. In most cases players with Big Hitter also have a high Hit Power, so why do they need a boost?

By turning off or adjusting certain traits, it's possible to smooth out some of the issues with Madden. The nice thing about traits, as opposed to sliders, is that they are specific to the player and not universal. I've been getting great results with AP, everything set to 50 and editing traits.

I see the sense pressure trait as a bubble around the player. As you slide down, i.e. ideal to average, you shrink the bubble. This is why it helps with blocking and seems to help HBs. Ideal makes them almost psychic in that is the largest bubble. Oblivious is the smallest bubble and an opposing player must be very close before they react.

I think you’re the person that initially caused me to try this after reading your bubble theory. I think you’re onto something. Any thoughts on force passes?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 01:20 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892

Nice analysis.

With that in mind then, would it make sense for on field realism from a look and performance point of view to have the following:

QBs: Ideal or Average (to avoid getting sacked too often)

RBs: Average or Oblivious (for reasons you stated)

OL: Average???

DL: Oblivious or Paranoid?

Just wondering how these might play outcacross all offense and defense positions...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »