Home

Chased down from behind?

This is a discussion on Chased down from behind? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Chased down from behind?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
It is. I use a zero threshold. However, that said, it seems to only be happening when there's been some serious contact. To my mind when a ball carrier gets hit 2 times or more his stamina typically gets depleted really quickly, so by the time you are mid run stamina is literally drained entirely. I have seen it happen the odd time when it looks a little fishy, but mostly after contact.

Unfortunately I haven't found a good way to deal with fatigue/stamina so that guys can break through a big pile up or a couple of hits and have enough left in the tank to make a big run.
Fatigue and speed threshold definitely make a difference, but I agree with you that it certainly isn't a cure-all. While I've spent a good deal of time mastering the one-cut mechanic, I need to be far more conservative with regards to when and how much I use it. It's a shame the stamina penalty is so severe, since the act of using this mechanic makes one feel more connected to their player than ever before. It's as if EA threw cold water on their own innovation. Hopefully, this will be tuned more realistically down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #26
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Worse is when my defense has been out on the field and then when i get the ball back, before i run my first play i check my RBs fatique and his speed is 81(normally a 92) when he has been sitting on the sideline.

So many little things that needs to be patched in this game. Seriously they can just get rid of the one cut. Its a lame feature anyways.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #27
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

Pursuit speed and shoestring tackles add another element to the game which makes it less believable and less enjoyable. My opinion is that the pursuit speed and shoestring tackles are in place to mask other areas of the game which may include, but are not limited to, proper acceleration and speed representation, pursuit angle differentiation among varying player abilities, general AI awareness, play logic, and the consistently terrible OL/DL blocking and awareness AI.
Old 10-14-2018, 04:12 PM   #28
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Pursuit speed and shoestring tackles add another element to the game which makes it less believable and less enjoyable. My opinion is that the pursuit speed and shoestring tackles are in place to mask other areas of the game which may include, but are not limited to, proper acceleration and speed representation, pursuit angle differentiation among varying player abilities, general AI awareness, play logic, and the consistently terrible OL/DL blocking and awareness AI.

I'm experimenting with a roster right now where I turn down every DL and LB's pursuit, acceleration and max speed by 10. I also toned down every defender's jump by 15. I like what I am seeing so far. It's just sooooo much work to get this to look and play like football at this point.

You are right though. Pursuit is silly. As is the whole tackling/jump defending while both players are at full speed running in the same direction. Defenders should just put on a cape and tights. The leaps they make are outstanding! If they could tackle a third as effectively IRL there'd be some pretty low scoring games.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:54 AM   #29
Rookie

Dont hit sprint until you clear the hole. That fixes 100% of this. If you one cut, you will not be breaking a huge run.

Be reminded that many corners and safties will be faster than your back, as well, based on ratings.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:36 PM   #30
Banned

SportzMan69's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royerrulz
Dont hit sprint until you clear the hole. That fixes 100% of this. If you one cut, you will not be breaking a huge run.

Be reminded that many corners and safties will be faster than your back, as well, based on ratings.
People already do this. Please stop with the BS excuses. You aren't helping.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:48 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportzMan69
I am able to to go 60-70 yds for a td with White and Michel on default All-Madden and they only have a speed of 89 and 90 respectively (in S2). If you're getting chased down, you've either screwed with the settings and broken the game, or you're doing it wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 04:45 PM   #32
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportzMan69
You attacking other posters for their attempts to constructively contribute to the topic isn't helping.

Drop it. Only warning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »