Home

Sabo's Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Sabo's Custom Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2018, 12:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: Sabo's Madden 19 CPU Gameplans

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
This is an area I hope they fix next year, or (I know it won't happen) patch this year. Make it so that all we have to do is quite simply assign any playbook to any team in any game mode and they use said book with all suggestions and schemes. No jumping hoops with controllers and profiles.

For all the issues Madden has, something as simple as realistic playbooks is an easy fix and the fact that it hasn't been looked at is disgraceful. There is no universe where on 3rd and 13 play action should be called 50% of the time. Nor should a 4 verts play be in the cpu's offensive scheme for goal line plays. Cpu playcalling is laughable and completely ruins gameplay and could be fixed simply by removing a handful of plays in a handful of situations. No need to have the cpu call a HB screen on 4th and 12 with 3 minutes left.
I honestly think it’s a memory issue based off how the game crashes if I input too many plays in the gameplan...

Either way I’m 100% sure these books will fix the issue until next year when hopefully they come up with something new in the department
Old 10-14-2018, 12:37 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
I could if you like, I have the O playbook done.... still tinkering with the D. The CPU O has a good blend of sets and plays, took out most all verts and added run plays for 3rd and medium / long so watch out for the draws and screens.
Yes that would be excellent! And one quick question, so you can’t do this in a 32 user control cfm right? Or is there a workaround where I just have to give up control for the team I’m playing??
Old 10-14-2018, 01:04 PM   #11
Pro

Updated page one with how I'm going approach this year. I've already for the formations and plays in place, just waiting on feedback from people on how hte playcalling goes.. Because rating the plays takes the longest I want to know if the test book is good enough or if we'll have to adjust the star system..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Glad to see this underway. I wanted their play calling tweaks to be good enough this year but they are not. The S blitzes in particular are insane.

I went looking for the test book using Sabo00FF and couldn’t find anything. Has it been taken down?

Edit: just saw the OP update. Awesome!

Is the 34 mostly man or zone, or is it a mix? I noticed the 43 has a man and zone one but saw that the 34 has just one global book. Did you try to split the difference there?

These books have been such a life saver for years. It feels like far fewer plays are broken this year than ever before. Not sure if you’d agree, but the CPU QB now seems able to throw all kinds of routes that would have ended in sacks or picks last year.

Last edited by RogueHominid; 10-14-2018 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #13
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Glad to see this underway. I wanted their play calling tweaks to be good enough this year but they are not. The S blitzes in particular are insane.

I went looking for the test book using Sabo00FF and couldn’t find anything. Has it been taken down?

Edit: just saw the OP update. Awesome!

Is the 34 mostly man or zone, or is it a mix? I noticed the 43 has a man and zone one but saw that the 34 has just one global book. Did you try to split the difference there?

These books have been such a life saver for years. It feels like far fewer plays are broken this year than ever before. Not sure if you’d agree, but the CPU QB now seems able to throw all kinds of routes that would have ended in sacks or picks last year.
I didn’t remove the book, I’ll see if I can search for it. “sabo00ff” is what I typed and it shows up. I reuploaded it to be safe.

34 is a mix which is probably how the 43 books is going to end up.

CPU QB seems to be able to make all the right throws, my biggest thing I’ve noticed is they don’t take the check down if it’s there but that’s all

Last edited by xSABOx; 10-14-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-14-2018, 02:22 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
I didn’t remove the book, I’ll see if I can search for it. “sabo00ff” is what I typed and it shows up. I reuploaded it to be safe.

34 is a mix which is probably how the 43 books is going to end up.

CPU QB seems to be able to make all the right throws, my biggest thing I’ve noticed is they don’t take the check down if it’s there but that’s all
Sweet. King and I are all in on these. I’ll pm feedback on balance and distribution if that’d be helpful.

Your work is much appreciated.
Old 10-14-2018, 03:39 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Just logged on and I found the Rams O book but not the others. Are the others in progress?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 04:32 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just logged on and I found the Rams O book but not the others. Are the others in progress?
Ya I have all the plays and formations in place for the, just have to go through and start rating them which is the hard part... was holding off until I got some feedback on the test book

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »