Home

Sabo's Custom Playbooks

This is a discussion on Sabo's Custom Playbooks within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2018, 08:01 AM   #65
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33
Re: Sabo's Madden 19 CPU Gameplans

Ran a different matchup this morning for a quarter (ATL vs. PHI). I gave PHI the OBZR book and it didn't crash in the quarter I played, so I'm not sure if the other crashes I had on the WCPWR book were play total-related or formation-related.

In any case, the first 20 plays for PHI were 17 runs and 3 passes. I know you're on this aspect of it, but it's looking like balance is the only significant issue.

Everything else looks great, including the CPU's execution of the plays you've included in the game plans. I haven't seen any brain-dead plays yet from the CPU QB.

Let me underscore what a joy it is to have these again...on both sides of the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 08:08 AM   #66
Banned

OVR: 21

Hi Sabo,

I am not sure if this is on me or not, but here is what I did and the game crashed after first possession.

Play Now mode
Assigned CPUMPRR as Offensive PB and CPU43MAN as Def PB in Settings
Started game
After Kickoff, paused and selected SIM
Selected Slow and Skip to end of game so I could watch the game snap by snap
First possession was a 3 and out
After punt stopped, got Blue Screen crash

Just FYI...probably something I did in set up...

C
Old 10-17-2018, 08:35 AM   #67
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I think the answer is no, by a slim margin.

The default books are off the rails with the blitzes, but these might contain a .5 increase in star value for a couple of them, IDK.
I think at some point I’ll revisit the d books after we fix the offensive ones

Quote:
Ran a different matchup this morning for a quarter (ATL vs. PHI). I gave PHI the OBZR book and it didn't crash in the quarter I played, so I'm not sure if the other crashes I had on the WCPWR book were play total-related or formation-related.

In any case, the first 20 plays for PHI were 17 runs and 3 passes. I know you're on this aspect of it, but it's looking like balance is the only significant issue.

Everything else looks great, including the CPU's execution of the plays you've included in the game plans. I haven't seen any brain-dead plays yet from the CPU QB.

Let me underscore what a joy it is to have these again...on both sides of the ball.
Ya I feel like I nailed the right kinda plays and variety to keep it fresh... the run pass ratio is gonna be a challenge because we don’t know what really tells the CPU to select them other then the rating system.. I’m sure we’ll have a good enough balance after a few games

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Hi Sabo,

I am not sure if this is on me or not, but here is what I did and the game crashed after first possession.

Play Now mode
Assigned CPUMPRR as Offensive PB and CPU43MAN as Def PB in Settings
Started game
After Kickoff, paused and selected SIM
Selected Slow and Skip to end of game so I could watch the game snap by snap
First possession was a 3 and out
After punt stopped, got Blue Screen crash

Just FYI...probably something I did in set up...

C
No my friend, you did nothing wrong

Madden has a memory threshold and if we overload it with too many plays per situation, it crashes... it usually will happen on 1st and 10 OR 3rd and short... it’s a very easy fix because all I do is go and delete one formation.. I’ll upload fixed version today...

Just please everyone let me know if one of the books crash
Old 10-17-2018, 08:45 AM   #68
Hall Of Fame

With regard to playcalling balance, are you adjusting the stars for runs or looking to leave them as-is and see if the playcalling irons itself out over several games?
Old 10-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #69
Pro

Quote:
With regard to playcalling balance, are you adjusting the stars for runs or looking to leave them as-is and see if the playcalling irons itself out over several games?
Quote:
Adjust the stars

I did a test half against the Pats and upped the stars and got a 50/50 ratio... weird thing is you got a horrible ratio using OBZR with the older star system..

Idk if it’s the amount of run vs pass plays in the situation, the defense were calling OR the star rating

According to real life numbers

1st 10 - 50/50
2nd long - 65/35
2nd med - 60/40
2nd short - 40/60
3rd long - 90/10
3rd med - 90/10
3rd short - 55/45

Total - 60/40

So I’m rating things based off this
Old 10-17-2018, 10:10 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Adjust the stars

I did a test half against the Pats and upped the stars and got a 50/50 ratio... weird thing is you got a horrible ratio using OBZR with the older star system..

Idk if it’s the amount of run vs pass plays in the situation, the defense were calling OR the star rating

According to real life numbers

1st 10 - 50/50
2nd long - 65/35
2nd med - 60/40
2nd short - 40/60
3rd long - 90/10
3rd med - 90/10
3rd short - 55/45

Total - 60/40

So I’m rating things based off this
Excellent, and thank you.

Regarding the adjustments, are you updating and uploading fresh books with these adjustments, or are you leaving that to individuals?

If the former, great, and thank you.

If the latter, I'm more than happy to do the work myself, though I'd love to know your recommendations for getting the right balance in each situation (and overall).

It does seem that there's a little different calculus going on behind the scenes this year, which is probably to be expected, given that they worked on play calling this off-season for the first time in a while.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:12 AM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Excellent, and thank you.

Regarding the adjustments, are you updating and uploading fresh books with these adjustments, or are you leaving that to individuals?

If the former, great, and thank you.

If the latter, I'm more than happy to do the work myself, though I'd love to know your recommendations for getting the right balance in each situation (and overall).

It does seem that there's a little different calculus going on behind the scenes this year, which is probably to be expected, given that they worked on play calling this off-season for the first time in a while.
I’m making the adjustments to both the ratings and some of the formations.. I found a couple of formations that I really like that I want all teams to have because they check the box of passing concepts called

I might make one book with last year’s formula and we can test it... I’ll do the OBZR and let me know how it goes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 12:04 PM   #72
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by spmsr2616
Will the playbooks work for players as well as the CPU

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Operation Sports mobile app
No they won't.

Madden suggestion does not use gameplan for suggested plays. Sucks