Home

SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't)

This is a discussion on SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2018, 07:25 PM   #89
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
There are many things overdone. It’s a video game that relies on mass appeal. There’s always going to be some of that. Same with either NBA game or MLB The Show or either major soccer release.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Right... but we're only discussing the Catch in Traffic rating based on some video capture and how it relates to the perceived height advantage.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:40 AM   #90
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6
Thumbs down Re: SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't)

I always felt height did matter. I put SS Obi Melifonwu at CB to match up with fast tall WRs and Obi makes a lot of plays a smaller CB would not. Obi and Kevin King are a deadly CB duo in franchise mode due to size and speed.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:25 AM   #91
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by btvs
I always felt height did matter. I put SS Obi Melifonwu at CB to match up with fast tall WRs and Obi makes a lot of plays a smaller CB would not. Obi and Kevin King are a deadly CB duo in franchise mode due to size and speed.
What were the CIT ratings of these receivers?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 11:37 AM   #92
MVP

OVR: 0

You also have to account for traits when testing this. Aggressive catch trait for receivers trigger animations as well as the plays ball in air trait for the defensive player. Then there is coaching adjustments to consider.
Old 10-22-2018, 11:45 AM   #93
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
You also have to account for traits when testing this. Aggressive catch trait for receivers trigger animations as well as the plays ball in air trait for the defensive player. Then there is coaching adjustments to consider.
I believe the traits were shown in the video. I'd have to re-watch. Coaching shouldn't matter in my opinion. If you're 7 ft tall, in the NFL, and a 99 OVR, you should out-catch a midget DB.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:14 PM   #94
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I'm getting the vibe that some here want the height to dictate whether or not the WR comes down with the catch more so than then ratings. Height should only help the WR's chances to get a hand on the ball. That is the case in the video and my video for the most part. Then the ratings related to catching dictate whether or not he comes down with it to complete the catch.

How else should it be?

― Plato
Old 10-22-2018, 01:50 PM   #95
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
I believe the traits were shown in the video. I'd have to re-watch. Coaching shouldn't matter in my opinion. If you're 7 ft tall, in the NFL, and a 99 OVR, you should out-catch a midget DB.
You should be able to get to the ball over a shorter db if your hight and jump rate dictates. Coming down with the completion is based on other abilities.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 06:27 PM   #96
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I'm getting the vibe that some here want the height to dictate whether or not the WR comes down with the catch more so than then ratings. Height should only help the WR's chances to get a hand on the ball. That is the case in the video and my video for the most part. Then the ratings related to catching dictate whether or not he comes down with it to complete the catch.

How else should it be?
Wait, wait wait. Check out the video capture. There really is no need to theorize when we have some sort of visual evidence.

There is a clear height advantage and the ball magically gets swatted out by a hand that is about 4 feet away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »