Home

SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't)

This is a discussion on SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2018, 11:34 AM   #105
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: SGO Video: Does Height Matter? (Hint: It doesn't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
Pause. We're saying the same thing.
Ah ****. My bad

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 05:58 PM   #106
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd51
As a Panther fan since '95, I've been blessed and cursed w/ examples to fit both of your opinions.

Steve Smith Sr. was like the Slim Shady of the NFL. Angry, 5'9 guy w/ a chip on his shoulder that could easily beat anyone in a solo battle. Like a pint of super-charged TO. Even beat his share of double/triple teams throughout his career, as well. Even beat up on members of his own team!

Then, on the other side of the spectrum -- you have Kelvin Benjamin.

Smith was such a beast! I love him on the NFL Network shows he's doing also.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:07 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 4

Not a fan of how ryanmoody trashes madden for views, but there's some truth to some of his criticisms of madden and why it's so stale. One of my favorite vids of his showed how height actually matters in 2k5, which shows how that game was so ahead of it's time.

Tall and short wrs could have the same ratings, but the taller wrs would be rated higher since wr height factors into ratings. And with the excellent player ability system in apf 2k8, it's depressing to think where we would be now if they were allowed to make nfl games. And I"m not a fan of madden's various catch type system, since to me it causes more unrealistic situations. A prime example of this was me seeing little Cole Beasley, making unrealistic, Calvin Johnson type 'spectacular catches'.

There should be sig styles/tendencies by now in madden. Instead, they put in these different catch types, which should be sig animations triggered by a player's ratings, but they aren't. Some players shouldn't be able capable of even trying to do some of things that elite players can, but in madden it's a crapshoot. In real life, if you have a 6'4 target, he can still be useful even if he's slow due to his height. But in madden the only thing that really matters is speed.
Old 11-06-2018, 06:26 PM   #108
Pro

sinthros's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Not a fan of how ryanmoody trashes madden for views, but there's some truth to some of his criticisms of madden and why it's so stale. One of my favorite vids of his showed how height actually matters in 2k5, which shows how that game was so ahead of it's time.

Tall and short wrs could have the same ratings, but the taller wrs would be rated higher since wr height factors into ratings. And with the excellent player ability system in apf 2k8, it's depressing to think where we would be now if they were allowed to make nfl games. And I"m not a fan of madden's various catch type system, since to me it causes more unrealistic situations. A prime example of this was me seeing little Cole Beasley, making unrealistic, Calvin Johnson type 'spectacular catches'.

There should be sig styles/tendencies by now in madden. Instead, they put in these different catch types, which should be sig animations triggered by a player's ratings, but they aren't. Some players shouldn't be able capable of even trying to do some of things that elite players can, but in madden it's a crapshoot. In real life, if you have a 6'4 target, he can still be useful even if he's slow due to his height. But in madden the only thing that really matters is speed.
Lol I'm a fan of it. The dude speaks the truth. And backs up what he says with hard gameplay evidence.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:44 AM   #109
Banned

Dittohead's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Lol I'm a fan of it. The dude speaks the truth. And backs up what he says with hard gameplay evidence.

Truth isn't always what's appreciated when speaking about Madden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »