Home

Fumbles from QBs.

This is a discussion on Fumbles from QBs. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 7
Fumbles from QBs.

I understand your supposed to slide most of the time with the QB but the fumbles are ridiculous. Every QB has a carry rating below 75 what kind of **** is that? So u telling me guys like Carson Wentz, Big Ben, Deshaun Watson can't take a gah dam hit without fumbling when scrambling. Especially when your 5 yds away from the in zone scrambling. I lost 2 online games cuz of that. C'mon EA wtf 75 carry rating the highest??? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong for my thoughts on this.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 07:16 AM   #2
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Fumbles from QBs.

I feel EA does this for a few reasons, one being the importance of sliding like you said. They want to encourage the player to slide like a QB would in real life but I do feel there's other reasons to the low carrying rating for all QBs. If you look at the all time fumbles list, it's all QBs. Even the guys you stated, Carson Wentz has 9 fumbles in his first two years. Big Ben hasn't gone a season without at least one fumble and has 10 since 2014. Even Watson has 3 fumbles already this year. I personally don't find a big problem with the low rating because it is realistic in my opinion.
Old 10-16-2018, 09:04 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 7

Yeah I agree with you. But when your inside the red zone at the 5 yard line. You decide to take off and run and your trying to dive in the the in zone for a TD. Then all of sudden you get hit because you can't dive quick enough to extend your body for a TD, should I be punished ? Just saying I just saw Tom Brady get a TD last Sunday against the Cheifs doing that. He didn't fumble.

Also I've done a Connected Franchise Mode with the Ravens. Started Lamar Jackson like week 6 ended up leading the leauge in fumbles with like 20 plus. There's no way that's realistic?. Every time you get hit it's a good damn fumble? These are NFL QBs. So I'm sure the ones that do scramble can take a hit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rye
I feel EA does this for a few reasons, one being the importance of sliding like you said. They want to encourage the player to slide like a QB would in real life but I do feel there's other reasons to the low carrying rating for all QBs. If you look at the all time fumbles list, it's all QBs. Even the guys you stated, Carson Wentz has 9 fumbles in his first two years. Big Ben hasn't gone a season without at least one fumble and has 10 since 2014. Even Watson has 3 fumbles already this year. I personally don't find a big problem with the low rating because it is realistic in my opinion.
Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 09:22 AM   #4
Rye
Rookie

Rye's Arena

Well luckily EA created a slider to help balance fumbles as you see fit. Obviously that doesn't help with online play and I'll agree Lamar having that many is ridiculous but I have not experienced it to be that bad so far. I've scored with Cam while diving and have taken plenty of hits without losing the ball. In my first year on default all pro I believe Cam ended with 5 fumbles which is about average/normal for him.

Not sure but coaching adjustments could play a big factor. Possibly set to conservative to help a little on QB runs
Old 10-16-2018, 09:54 AM   #5
MVP

EA tuned up QB fumbles in the last patch. From launch until then QBs couldn't fumble if you were using wrap ball (RB or R1). They over corrected and I fully expect them to get tuned back down with the next patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 09:56 AM   #6
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

I'm okay with QB's fumbling, it happens, especially on sacks.

What I'm not okay with is the balance of it and how at times it happens way too often.

You fumble way too much and the AI doesn't fumble enough at all (in-game, not statistically over a season).
Old 10-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5

I agree 100%. The QB fumbles are way to high especially on sacks. My only two real gripes about this game is that and the WR's never dragging their feet on catches by the sideline. Hope those get patched in soon.
Old 10-16-2018, 11:42 AM   #8
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

It's getting crazy, I'm finding recently that QBs are fumbling about 50% of the time they are sacked. I get increasing the fumbles while a QB is scrambling to force the user to have to utilize the cover ball mechanic or QB slides more, but the amount of fumbles on sacks is crazy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »