Home

Question from an old dumb guy

This is a discussion on Question from an old dumb guy within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2018, 05:41 AM   #17
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Question from an old dumb guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatRadioGuy

Thank you, capa.

Yeah, kenny .. getting old sucks. But the coach mode allows me to try to stay active with my brain.

As you age, you see that you can't react like you once did and it skews the results by a mammoth proportion. It gets silly, actually. You see yourself degrade in front of your own eyes. It's terrifying.

So, you have less reaction time. And your muscles, physical prowess, it also fades. I played golf because I could hit the ball further than anybody. That's really all I could do in the game. I enjoyed the SHEER VIOLENCE of the sport of golf. Hammering the living hell out of the ball. And I could do it, too, and practiced it quite a bit. Had my swing analyzed and clubs built .. custom made .. to my violent swing speed.

And then ..

.. you get old. And you hit it 230. And the zest for living fades.

And then you go to the locker room and look down at your feet and notice what is mid-way. And you say out loud, "We're done, buddy. You're shrinking."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4oVOFVhV_A

I was hoping to avoid all that emotion in Madden with the Coach Mode.

Maybe present that argument to the devs at EA. As in: not all people are 14 years old on an X-Box.

Thanks for your help.

It is really appreciated.

If anybody else has any tips, pass them along.

I will read them with great fervor.

Through my thickening eyeglasses.

Nominated for post of the year. Congratulations, sir.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:49 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 1

you arent the only one, trying to retire early at 54 and i never had stick skillz. coach mode means i can try and enjoy madden, the defensive player thing is annoying because my FS (who i default highlight to) gets awesome because of the hyper awareness it brings.
as for golf i hit it 230+ occasionally just not in the direction i would prefer !
Old 10-24-2018, 08:07 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

62 here. Stick skills? NFW. Grew up with baseballs and footballs in my hands, not controllers. Coach mode or cpu vs cpu all the way. You should see me playing COD WWII...ugh...can't even run straight and shoot at same time!

C
Old 10-24-2018, 08:31 AM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1

i played with egg shaped balls and no pads over here when younger, and red coloured cricket balls.
as for cod ww2 i grew up using the lee enfield 303 so in reality i was better in real life then how i play cod.
Old 10-24-2018, 09:30 AM   #21
MVP

This is the winner for the award of "Best Thread Name of the Year"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2018, 10:30 AM   #22
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
62 here. Stick skills? NFW. Grew up with baseballs and footballs in my hands, not controllers. Coach mode or cpu vs cpu all the way. You should see me playing COD WWII...ugh...can't even run straight and shoot at same time!

C
Unless it’s a physical limitation you can learn. My first PC game I could do that either (with a mouse and keyboard), but years later I’m pretty good.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:37 AM   #23
Rookie

tosa's Arena

OVR: 10

Same here. Just sad that they make these determinations that it’s not popular when in fact it doesn’t really exist, so how do you know? I certainly don’t think as many people would flock to this mode as the other... but why alienate any group?

I wish they would have given head coach a few iterations to improve and offer online leagues before saying it wasn’t popular.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 3

I'm 60 years old, and have always played sports games coach mode style - not just because of how poorly my thumbs work, but because it's how I like to play. I enjoy not just the challenge of playing a game as a coach ( deciding what players to start, calling plays, substitutions, player personnel decisions, player development, etc), but also changing sliders, player attributes, etc to make the game play as realistic as possible. I too find this most gratifying when I can watch the game unfold before me with realistic graphics vs just a text-based game. The game that does this best currently, in my opinion, is MLB The Show 18.

I've not played a football game in about 3 years since NCAA 14. I'm thinking of firing that back up again with a current roster, however, I'd love to play a more current PS4 game if it gave a decent coach mode experience. Besides having to manually kick/punt, and hold a button down to 'control' a defensive player, what kind of coach mode experience does Madden 19 provide? For example, I seem to recall Reading QB's won't scramble or run for a first down if they are under pressure. Is this correct? Any other issues with game or franchise play? I'd be interested in anyone's feedback that plays Madden 19 in coach mode. Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »