Home

Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

This is a discussion on Changes to the Speed Parity Slider within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Operation Sports Is Looking for Folks Who Want to Create Great Videos
WWE 2K21 Needs a True MyGM/Booker Mode
FIFA 20 CONMEBOL Libertadores Impressions: A Missed Opportunity
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 11-09-2018, 10:23 AM   #33
Season 2

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

All that matters is people have fun playing the game, but it's so surprising to me that folks get a balanced game with this slider on something like 25 or 0. With the stuff I see at 75, players with speeds in the 80s making long breakaway runs, returning kicks for TD, I feel like if put this slider that low, all my games would all be 60 to 55, with 700 yards of offense every game. It is what it is.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #34
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
All that matters is people have fun playing the game, but it's so surprising to me that folks get a balanced game with this slider on something like 25 or 0. With the stuff I see at 75, players with speeds in the 80s making long breakaway runs, returning kicks for TD, I feel like if put this slider that low, all my games would all be 60 to 55, with 700 yards of offense every game. It is what it is.
I don't know, i have actually at 0 I play only user vs user offline franchise game, and now we see 2-3 big plays in one game 7min quarter acc clock off, we get legit passing yard run and td too, with parity at 50 we had games with very low scoring ever. Bad news is that at 0 some animation seems messed up.
Old 11-09-2018, 10:59 AM   #35
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

My Speed parity Is at 20 and I've never come close to returning a kick for a TD. I do get some long passes but that's because my WRs speed is 90 and above and not all of them are TDs, just some long gains. I rarely break a long TD run but I get one here and there.
At 75 I don't see these things happening.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2018, 04:03 AM   #36
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

Anyway returning TD on the kickoff and punt are supposed to happen in the NFL. I don't know why so many are inclined to defense battle oriented and lower scoring game, in realistic way NFL is more wide open, and usually we have really so many high scoring games in real life.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #37
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
So at 75 it should be the same as 50 was before, so I don't get it either. I also don't get why anyone would want things to be equal. We, or maybe I should say I draft faster players for a reason and the parity messes that up and why I put mine at zero til the patch, now i have it on 20. Another thing imo that the Devs can get rid of. Speed threshold and also one cut.
Now that I've reread the patch note, I'm going to try it set at 50 just to see the difference. I was taking what the devs said as meaning the new default value was 75, but now that I think about it... it seems like 50 is the new default which was 25 before, so you get more separation.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:52 PM   #38
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Now that I've reread the patch note, I'm going to try it set at 50 just to see the difference. I was taking what the devs said as meaning the new default value was 75, but now that I think about it... it seems like 50 is the new default which was 25 before, so you get more separation.
I'm playing on 65 currently(AP) and my first game, Aaron Jones bounced off of Sendejo(sp) and I was able to comfortably outrun the 3 Vikings that tried to chase him all the way to the endzone. Nobody even came close to catching up to him.

A person has to try whatever feels comfortable on their end. This is another one of those, no one is wrong deals.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 11-21-2018, 07:57 PM   #39
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm playing on 65 currently(AP) and my first game, Aaron Jones bounced off of Sendejo(sp) and I was able to comfortably outrun the 3 Vikings that tried to chase him all the way to the endzone. Nobody even came close to catching up to him.

A person has to try whatever feels comfortable on their end. This is another one of those, no one is wrong deals.
I completely agree with you. I just didn't read the notes properly I guess. If you liked default setting pre-patch, then bump to 75 (which definitely feels different than 50 did to me before the Oct patch). The last part I thought was saying 75 is the new default for online play but now I read that as 50 is the default still but equates to like 25 pre-patch?
Old 11-21-2018, 08:34 PM   #40
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I completely agree with you. I just didn't read the notes properly I guess. If you liked default setting pre-patch, then bump to 75 (which definitely feels different than 50 did to me before the Oct patch). The last part I thought was saying 75 is the new default for online play but now I read that as 50 is the default still but equates to like 25 pre-patch?
This was the best explanation for me in the slider forum. Thank you Tyler.

My understanding is that default value is now 75, not 50.

If you used 40 before it would be 70 now. lower 5 now for every 10 before

50=75
40=70
30=65
20=60
10=55
0=50

Its saying the lower you go the more separation you will see. Its a wider gap now with more room to play with. above 75 is a tighter gap between slower and faster players , where at 100 everyone is essentially the same speed.

I just did a test game on 70 and it felt exactually the same as what i had before at 40.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »