Home

Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

This is a discussion on Changes to the Speed Parity Slider within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2018, 04:32 PM   #49
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
After playing more games in my CFM, although I'm fine with this slider on the new default of 50, it seems to make the overall game slower. At 75, the game felt more like an NFL game to me, fast paced. (which is the old default)

I'm no expert, but my thoughts on this slider is while it may create more speed differential as you move it to the left, the game overall seems slower to me. (which makes sense since the speed differential is much bigger) It kind of reminds me of EA NCAA football, speed differential should be much higher playing that game since it's college football and speed is definitely more profound in college. In the NFL, while there are some high end speed players, it's much less of a differential than in college. After all, in the NFL these are the elite players.

With that thinking, I'm going back to 75 and will test some more, it just felt more realistic to me.

Thoughts?
Yeah, I get we what your saying. It feels to me the lower threshold the players feel more weighted and more planted to the ground. The higher the threshold they feel more light and more spastic. Acts almost like it an animation speed modifier. And does the obvious spreads out speeds.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #50
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I play on normal, but I know what you're saying though on slow game speed (no way I could ever play on that setting).

On 75 to me, it just seemed like backs hit the holes quicker and got up to speed faster. I felt like I had more bursts into space, maybe I'm nuts. I felt like I could get to the outside quicker on runs as well. EA has a habit of putting vague descriptions in their sliders, they do that with NHL as well.
I'm not exact certain how the speed parity works but my understanding is it brings the players closer together and the slower guys will be a little quicker to the faster guys.

So with that understanding, your fast guys won't be faster hitting the holes, it should make slower guys quicker to them but I don't know.
It's kind of confusing and why I just had mine on zero before the patch to just use the ratings of the players to play out with no BS adjustments. That is still how I want it to be.

For me they can get rid of the speed parity and the one cut in the next game

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-30-2018 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-30-2018, 07:32 PM   #51
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Would be nice to know what moving the slider each way does to the speed rating of the players.

I just know on 75 I returned two kickoffs for TD's and saw some big plays from the CPU, like they were able to get to their top speed faster.

This slider will haunt me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 07:56 PM   #52
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Lol, well I've never returned a kickoff of a TD (longest is about 56 yards and that was once)and I've had one returned on me and a punt with where I have my sliders.
Old 11-30-2018, 08:00 PM   #53
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

In all my CFM games I've played... I've only returned two kickoffs, they were by the same player, in the same game.

I'm almost scared to go back to 75 because I actually lost two games in a row with it at 50 and the CPU actually passed for TD's.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #54
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Played on 75 my last game. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to feel more like an NFL game as far as player speed goes. Both my #1 WR and Dallas's #1 WR were the stars of the game and stood out.

On 50, my QB Josh Rosen typically throws for over 300 yards and is leading the league in passing yardage overall so far this season after 11 games.

He threw for 240 something last game against a lower half ranked Dallas passing defense. I'm not sure if this is even related but passing seems tougher with speed parity higher, which makes sense to me.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:55 PM   #55
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Played on 75 my last game. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to feel more like an NFL game as far as player speed goes. Both my #1 WR and Dallas's #1 WR were the stars of the game and stood out.

On 50, my QB Josh Rosen typically throws for over 300 yards and is leading the league in passing yardage overall so far this season after 11 games.

He threw for 240 something last game against a lower half ranked Dallas passing defense. I'm not sure if this is even related but passing seems tougher with speed parity higher, which makes sense to me.
Well if your 96 speed receiver is blowing past slower CBs that makes sense. Tyreek Hill does that all the time lol. Maybe split the difference at 62-63 and see how it plays.
And can't believe Rosen has gone more than half the season without being hurt. I never got that from him lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2018, 02:40 PM   #56
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well if your 96 speed receiver is blowing past slower CBs that makes sense. Tyreek Hill does that all the time lol. Maybe split the difference at 62-63 and see how it plays.
And can't believe Rosen has gone more than half the season without being hurt. I never got that from him lol.
He was hurt once but only for a quarter.. David Johnson gets hurt coming out of the tunnel during pregame lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »