Home

Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

This is a discussion on Changes to the Speed Parity Slider within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2018, 03:56 PM   #57
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Changes to the Speed Parity Slider

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Played on 75 my last game. I can't put my finger on it, but it just seems to feel more like an NFL game as far as player speed goes. Both my #1 WR and Dallas's #1 WR were the stars of the game and stood out.

On 50, my QB Josh Rosen typically throws for over 300 yards and is leading the league in passing yardage overall so far this season after 11 games.

He threw for 240 something last game against a lower half ranked Dallas passing defense. I'm not sure if this is even related but passing seems tougher with speed parity higher, which makes sense to me.
Whats good about that is the higher you put the slder the more defensive it gets because the speeds are brought closer together..this leads to tighter coverage pursuit angles and pass rushes..I also noticed less of that slowdown animation that happens to dbs.. I think default is ideal and slightly higher is more realistic for me.I played with 0 for a while but the speed difference was way to pronounced for me and led to some offensive games and big plays which I guess is realistic..but I prefer a more defensive game..animations also play out on a higher setting..imo..
Old 12-01-2018, 04:16 PM   #58
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
Whats good about that is the higher you put the slder the more defensive it gets because the speeds are brought closer together..this leads to tighter coverage pursuit angles and pass rushes..I also noticed less of that slowdown animation that happens to dbs.. I think default is ideal and slightly higher is more realistic for me.I played with 0 for a while but the speed difference was way to pronounced for me and led to some offensive games and big plays which I guess is realistic..but I prefer a more defensive game..animations also play out on a higher setting..imo..
YES.. I totally agree. I could throw for a ton of yards with Rosen (he leads the league), no matter who I was playing. In fact, JJ Nelson leads the league in yards because he was getting 2-3 big plays a game with it on 50 (he's a 96 speed). I still see big plays on 75 but it's mainly from a blown coverage or a big hole up the middle or a good pass leading a speedy receiver. The fast players are still fast and can burn slower players with it on the new default of 75.
Old 12-01-2018, 09:33 PM   #59
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I'm not exact certain how the speed parity works but my understanding is it brings the players closer together and the slower guys will be a little quicker to the faster guys.

So with that understanding, your fast guys won't be faster hitting the holes, it should make slower guys quicker to them but I don't know.
It's kind of confusing and why I just had mine on zero before the patch to just use the ratings of the players to play out with no BS adjustments. That is still how I want it to be.

For me they can get rid of the speed parity and the one cut in the next game
Why would you want them to get rid of speed threshold? You would be unhappy with having it at 50 then.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2018, 10:48 PM   #60
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Why would you want them to get rid of speed threshold? You would be unhappy with having it at 50 then.

Agree, that would be a very bad idea getting rid of speed threshold. Never get rid of something that gives the user an option.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-01-2018 at 10:51 PM.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #61
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:

I don't see a need for it and I'd rather use the players ratings. I have it at 50 now since the last patch but I don't want to speed the slower players up. Just because it is an option don't mean we have to use it. To me, ratings matter and I don't want LBs being able to keep up with my elusive RBs.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 12-02-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 11:42 AM   #62
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
I don't see a need for it and I'd rather use the players ratings. I have it at 50 now since the last patch but I don't want to speed the slower players up. Just because it is an option don't mean we have to use it. To me, ratings matter and I don't want LBs being able to keep up with my elusive RBs.
Whatever you say man. I just remember for two months that you loved 0 speed threshold and now you don't think that should be an option for users?

You're going against your own self interest.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:10 PM   #63
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

I'm glad it's an option, but like NHL's sliders, I wish the devs would have some sort of guide explaining them a bit better. This slider, much like the Attribute Effects slider in NHL is sort of vague in what exactly it does as you move it in either direction from default.

Something between 50-75 just may be the sweet spot (like 65, which some people use).
Old 12-02-2018, 01:14 PM   #64
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Whatever you say man. I just remember for two months that you loved 0 speed threshold and now you don't think that should be an option for users?

You're going against your own self interest.

I liked it a zero before the last speed parody patch then I raised it again. I believe we even discussed this before saying 25 was 0 but then sense realize 50 was now 0 and 75 being the new default. and yes as far as I'm concerned they can get rid of it I don't know why they have it in there while they have speed ratings for players

Last edited by Rayzaa; 12-02-2018 at 01:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »