Home

Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

This is a discussion on Give us the option to revert back to previous patches within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2018, 10:25 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Give us the option to revert back to previous patches

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thQtrStre5S
Yeah, MUT cards and are they worth upgrading? That is another topic away from this one. The real value of ratings to game play?

I agree with the general point made by the few top competitive players who have communicated their position. They do not seem to be opposed to RNG and ratings. But they do not wish to be punished by RNG when the user makes all the right decisions.

In the case of this video, regardless of ratings, the receiver (HB) was wide open, no traffic for (CIT) rating, and the user made the proper read and pass catch choice for being wide open; there was room to run up the field.

We can state that these things happen in real football, but when we make such claims we may be forgetting that Madden has different play levels - Arcade, Simulation and Competitive; certain RNG moments, such as dropped passes on completely open receivers, are fine for Simulation, but apparently not good in Competitive and maybe that position should be respected?
But there’s more to football than just a receiver being open. Timing, ball placement, type of ball thrown all matter. In that video the player was wide open well before the ball was thrown and wasnt hit in stride as a result. The user also threw a bullet pass to a player with poor catch ratings.

So there were mistakes /poor choices made by the user.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 10-23-2018 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-23-2018, 04:37 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
From EA's business viewpoint, they have a good to great business model at the moment and I don't see them changing that model in the foreseeable future.

Not sure everything is fine.
Just 3 years ago youtube was full of Madden channels with daily updates, what's left?
As a monopolist they are sure they put up numbers, but if numbers go down...
Old 10-23-2018, 06:13 AM   #35
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
When i play as drew brees i should be able to sling it like drew brees. That is sim, not arcade. Arcade is where physical abilities and button skills are paramount. Drew Brees is nowhere great physically compared to a lot of QB's. Seven year olds and competitive gamers want physical skills which is why running qb's have always been popular in madden. Mike Vick Is by far the most used player in video game football history although he never lived up to the hype in real life. I think if ea went that route it would pay divedends for everyone. Just make dice rolls mostly deoendent on height, weight, strength, speed, acceleration, agility, jumping and stick skills for arcade/competitive and bring in the rest of the ratings for sim. That's my 2 cents anyway.

You can simply say: out of 30+ ratings for each player, arcade uses like 7 while all the others are flat by position, while simulation uses all of them.
Simulation uses threats, arcade doesn't.
Simulation have ALL penalties, not like 2-3 as it is today, arcade doesn't.
Simulation fumbles as for NFL numbers, in arcade it's just a question of stick skills and timing.
In simulation DBs are NOT WRs, so they don't catch like WRs, while at arcade they do.

Arcade you MUST switch on defense, simulation you can let the CPU play.
Arcade you MUST click a button to receive a pass, simulation you can let the CPU play.
And so on...
I don't think anybody can complain or have weird expectations with such a clear view.

There's really nothing complicated, they overcomplicated a simple basic concept.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #36
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Yeah honestly it's a damn realistic looking play.

I may be wrong, but I don't think they (pro players) are interested in realism in this instance. I think it's more about their skills as players.

I don't think Madden is a good game for e-sports and this video/controversy is a great example. Madden is animation/RNG based a lot of the time, so to award people wins or losses in situations like this, you'd be salty as the offensive player.

For the record, I agree with you completely. It happens in the NFL several times a year. It's hardly rare and I think the animations were fine. It's football. Stuff happens.
Old 10-23-2018, 10:35 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
I may be wrong, but I don't think they (pro players) are interested in realism in this instance. I think it's more about their skills as players.

I don't think Madden is a good game for e-sports and this video/controversy is a great example. Madden is animation/RNG based a lot of the time, so to award people wins or losses in situations like this, you'd be salty as the offensive player.

For the record, I agree with you completely. It happens in the NFL several times a year. It's hardly rare and I think the animations were fine. It's football. Stuff happens.
But even that video the player made plenty of mistakes.

It’s not completely animation/ RNG based since it’s your job to put your players in the best position to succeed based on their ratings.
Strategy is also a skill.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:01 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:

Please listen to the whole video. It's much wider and deeper than a one-play-on-tv comment.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:38 PM   #39
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TizziBoy
Please listen to the whole video. It's much wider and deeper than a one-play-on-tv comment.

I watched it all. My point remains. Competitive Madden looks nothing like a real football game. It's a cheese-fest.

I'm not saying that the guy who lost doesn't have a legit issue. I'd be salty too, and I absolutely understand. However, not unlike most things in life, chance can and will stick it's proverbial 'd' in your proverbial 'a' from time to time. Unfortunately for him, it happened to be a costly situation. This just helps solidify my point that Madden isn't a great e-sports platform, in that chance or glitches has a much more impactful effect even to someone who can play the game letter perfect. RNG has been the bane of e-sports in some opinions. I'm guessing this guy probably thinks so too.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:04 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
I watched it all. My point remains. Competitive Madden looks nothing like a real football game. It's a cheese-fest.

I'm not saying that the guy who lost doesn't have a legit issue. I'd be salty too, and I absolutely understand. However, not unlike most things in life, chance can and will stick it's proverbial 'd' in your proverbial 'a' from time to time. Unfortunately for him, it happened to be a costly situation. This just helps solidify my point that Madden isn't a great e-sports platform, in that chance or glitches has a much more impactful effect even to someone who can play the game letter perfect. RNG has been the bane of e-sports in some opinions. I'm guessing this guy probably thinks so too.
I find it strange that you keep calling the interception random when it has been pointed out several times that he made plenty of mistakes on that play.

That wasnt a perfectly timed touch pass to a wide open Antonio Brown thrown by Aaron Rodgers.

Last edited by Phillyboi207; 10-23-2018 at 02:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »