Home

CPU punts ball too quickly

This is a discussion on CPU punts ball too quickly within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2018, 09:35 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
CPU punts ball too quickly

The CPU almost cost themselves a win against me by punting the ball too quickly on 4th down instead of running clock. They were up 24-17 with less than a minute left and I had no time outs. On 4th down, instead of running the clock down to 10-15 sec, they punted immediately and gave me about 20 extra seconds I should not have had.

Bad clock management and needs to be fixed. I know this happened in a patch because the CPU did not do this when the game came out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #2
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Re: CPU punts ball too quickly

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
The CPU almost cost themselves a win against me by punting the ball too quickly on 4th down instead of running clock. They were up 24-17 with less than a minute left and I had no time outs. On 4th down, instead of running the clock down to 10-15 sec, they punted immediately and gave me about 20 extra seconds I should not have had.

Bad clock management and needs to be fixed. I know this happened in a patch because the CPU did not do this when the game came out.

There's been a bug in the game since the September patch where the CPU will immediately snap it on a punt 99% of the time. A couple times i've seen them not do it, but that is very rare. It makes for easier punt blocks because you can spam RT immediately after you make your defensive playcall but it's definitely a bug they need to look at.
Old 10-24-2018, 01:52 PM   #3
MVP

I had the cpu complete a pass to the 26 yard line. No timeouts, the clock is ticking down as the team tries to hurry up 5 4 3 Impossible to get a play off then it cuts scene and their field goal unit is on the field and they kick the field goal.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I had the cpu complete a pass to the 26 yard line. No timeouts, the clock is ticking down as the team tries to hurry up 5 4 3 Impossible to get a play off then it cuts scene and their field goal unit is on the field and they kick the field goal.

Sounds like something Belichick would find a way to do...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »