Home

Why Am I Being Ripped To The Ground By My Facemask So Much?

This is a discussion on Why Am I Being Ripped To The Ground By My Facemask So Much? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-25-2018, 12:18 PM   #1
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Why Am I Being Ripped To The Ground By My Facemask So Much?

I am being ripped to the ground dozens of times per game by my face. I think it's probably 25% of the time, if not more.

Isn't that a bit much? Shouldn't that be a penalty?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2018, 12:30 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Why Am I Being Ripped To The Ground By My Facemask So Much?

I know from a graphics/animation standpoint, that really sucks but if this is happening as much as you say it's happening, would you really want it to be called that frequently?

I have to believe that, as annoying as it is to be tackled by your facemack 25% of the time, having these called a 15 yard facemask penalty would ruin the game.

People disagree w/ me on this but this game sometimes is like playing basketball with a 4 year old kid with physical and mental disabilities... you just have to be willing to let some stuff go. That kid is going to travel, foul, and double dribble but you have to just let it slide.
Old 10-25-2018, 12:54 PM   #3
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I know from a graphics/animation standpoint, that really sucks but if this is happening as much as you say it's happening, would you really want it to be called that frequently?

I have to believe that, as annoying as it is to be tackled by your facemack 25% of the time, having these called a 15 yard facemask penalty would ruin the game.

People disagree w/ me on this but this game sometimes is like playing basketball with a 4 year old kid with physical and mental disabilities... you just have to be willing to let some stuff go. That kid is going to travel, foul, and double dribble but you have to just let it slide.

At the rate it's happening - no I wouldn't want that many calls. A few here and there maybe. I'd like for it to stop though. Seriously. I'm thinking it may be that the CPU is aggressively trying to strip the ball and this is the animation. If that's the case, I hope it can be fixed, and there is no way the defense should go for that many strips...especially without consequence. The CPU's defense is far, far too aggressive. Everything has to be a deflection, INT or strip and it's just plain wrong. It's not realistic at all and if this is a result of that, then it's just more proof this game needs a serious overhaul.

Last edited by BegBy; 10-25-2018 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:09 PM   #4
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

What's your facemark penalty slider setting at?

An extreme value there is the only thing I can immediately think of that would cause this. I most certainly have not seen this behavior.
Old 10-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #5
Banned

BegBy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
What's your facemark penalty slider setting at?

An extreme value there is the only thing I can immediately think of that would cause this. I most certainly have not seen this behavior.

Default, which is 50 I believe. I have tried raising tackling but not seeing any difference and just some brick wall defenders now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2018, 03:17 PM   #6
Rookie

PhillyFan22's Arena

OVR: 0

It's definitely happening alot in the leagues I am in since the patch. Block in the back is another terrible one that will happen quite alot. All on default penalties. I had a game recently where I had an entire drive carried by 3 FMs on consecutive plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »