Home

Since Were A Couple Months In....

This is a discussion on Since Were A Couple Months In.... within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 04:06 AM   #1
Rookie

ChiefKeef300's Arena

OVR: 0
Since Were A Couple Months In....

What is your overall verdict on Madden 19?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 02:52 PM   #2
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Since Were A Couple Months In....

It's not a good NFL facsimile. It's not even a good Pee Wee facsimile. It's stale with antiquated code, legacy issues, physics-defying psychic defenders, horrible animations, boring and faceless playbooks, etc. It's Madden. Expecting anything more isn't smart. Half the plays/formations you see on Sunday aren't in the game, let alone their blocking schemes. Run a play and you can count at least 3 or 4 things that'll make you scratch your head, and I'm not even talking about football basics. It's an online arcade NFL licensed dice rolling game with ok graphics for people to collect virtual cards and puff their chest.

It's getting some love from people praising it for player likeness updates and roofs on domes (finally) working and attempting to fix what was broken out of the box (profoundly ridiculous run game), but that's such a passive attitude and part of the reason why titles get to the state Madden is in.

Cue the hate and Madden apologists.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:14 PM   #3
MVP

underdog13's Arena

I like it. I play it every weekend and have fun while doing it. Represents what I see on Sunday well.

Mileage will vary.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
Pro

sinthros's Arena

The ultimate frustrating game, since it could be/should be so much better. It's fun with gameplay mods that help fix some issues (only possible on PC, obviously). The base game is kind of a mess though. Wish we still had some (legitimate Triple A) competition. Just my two cents.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
Rookie

There’s never been a madden that didn’t have things about it that didn’t piss me off some. I usually seem to find a way to enjoy each one though. Madden 19 is no different. Love the enhanced depth charts and emphasis on scheme fits although it might be TOO important in madden 19. Feels like most of my games with the right sliders give me a pretty nice mix of results too. Not sure what to think about real player motion...it’s a good idea, but the ai runningbacks just don’t know what to do with it lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2018, 04:52 PM   #6
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
It's not a good NFL facsimile. It's not even a good Pee Wee facsimile. It's stale with antiquated code, legacy issues, physics-defying psychic defenders, horrible animations, boring and faceless playbooks, etc. It's Madden. Expecting anything more isn't smart. Half the plays/formations you see on Sunday aren't in the game, let alone their blocking schemes. Run a play and you can count at least 3 or 4 things that'll make you scratch your head, and I'm not even talking about football basics. It's an online arcade NFL licensed dice rolling game with ok graphics for people to collect virtual cards and puff their chest.

It's getting some love from people praising it for player likeness updates and roofs on domes (finally) working and attempting to fix what was broken out of the box (profoundly ridiculous run game), but that's such a passive attitude and part of the reason why titles get to the state Madden is in.

Cue the hate and Madden apologists.
Well then i guess going forward, you will stop buying it?
Old 10-30-2018, 05:14 PM   #7
Rookie

dawurts's Arena

I like Madden for the first time in years. Love it or hate it, at least M19 isn't merely another Madden clone like we've seen for so long. The game is improving in my opinion. Maybe now they can give us better playbooks and playcalling, a more realistic television broadcast presentation, some classic football music, a broader range of broadcast announcers for different broadcasts (e.g. sunday, sunday night, monday night, thursday night, and holidays)...oh and classic stadiums! I want to play vintage teams in their original venues.
Old 10-30-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well then i guess going forward, you will stop buying it?

Yes, I absolutely will. If there are major changes next year (that I actually play) I'll grab it, but I can't be too hopeful of that. I avoided Madden for the better part of 10 years, borrowing friends' copies until 16 I believe it was. I also swore off NBA 2K two years ago and haven't posted a thing in that forum since. It's a small, small way to speak my mind, but as consumers it's pretty much our only legitimate method. There are other games I'll happily open my wallet for.

Sucks, because, oh man do I looooooove football.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »