Home

Run and Shoot Guide

This is a discussion on Run and Shoot Guide within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2020, 01:26 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Run and Shoot Guide

I can upload the book this evening. my gamer tag is the same as here.

also here is the Madden Focus link for a Shoot Starter.

https://www.maddenfocus.com/binders/3011

I am working on the Raid n Shoot as well and will post it when it is finished.
Old 04-23-2020, 01:33 PM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ligerborn
I can upload the book this evening. my gamer tag is the same as here.

also here is the Madden Focus link for a Shoot Starter.

https://www.maddenfocus.com/binders/3011

I am working on the Raid n Shoot as well and will post it when it is finished.
Awesome, thank you!

Do you have issues with hot routing where the camera stays zoomed out? That was another thing that has been difficult to overcome. I had an Air Raid I was running but it had a ton of hot routes and that glitch made it hard.
Old 04-23-2020, 04:44 PM   #35
Rookie

ok I put my base Raid n Shoot book up on PS4 madden share. my gamer tag is the same as my username here. it contains the core plays I use for my CFMs.

The gameplan is basic, 2 plays per scenario: 1 pass and 1 run/rpo. as I build a new gameplan for each game based on the defensive tendencies of the team I am facing.

I will work on a more specific shoot book with notes posted here on how to create the shoot plays. but that will probably take me a few days to complete.

Shooter, I havent had that issue if my QB has Conductor. Honestly you cant really do this HR version of the shoot well unless your have a QB with Conductor and Hot Route Master, or WRs with the additional hot route abilities.

cheers n stay safe folks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2020, 03:02 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.hunt1376
Not sure how dead this thread is, but I was wondering how much of the RNS playbook everybody is using. In Philosopher's guide, it seems like he only runs out of Spread and Trips, and then audibles to the other for the motions. Is that how everybody else is reading it?
Yes J. Hunt. I just updated the terminology in the guide this morning to reflect what June Jones was calling stuff in the XFL this past winter with the Roughnecks (i've made a few tweaks over the past year in general). So if the RnS Playcall would be "Hum to Spread 90 Texas Y-Curl". That would mean I come out in Pistol Trips Open any play, but I typically would do a counter play i like, lets say Dogs (formerly Lightning):

Then I would Audible to

That isn't a every down type of deal, but it depends on the opponent to be honest. If they are mixing in man and disugising well, I motion more, if they are just spot dropping, I don't motion at all. For Hum and Yoom Motions, I use audibles in this way, I try not to motion WRs across the formation on pass plays because it sometimes will glitch out the coverage. This guide is built to exploit the opponents weaknesses, not the game's. However on Hap and Yap motions (across and back), I will do that both ways. Audible to trips, then audible to reset play.
Old 04-29-2020, 03:14 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
You can create Go, Choice (4 Verticals) and Slide (PA Bubble Y Over) from it using some Hot Routing and motion. Gun Y Slot HB Wk both plays plus a fairly decent run game and RPO game. Gun Spread has less run game and rpo but gives you the ability to run Switch. to me to run this you pretty much have to have a QB with Conductor and Hot Route Master. or Conductor and your #1 WR have one of the Hot route abilities.
Why do it that way? Like I'd like to be able to make a custom RnS playbook as well, but mostly just for a few RPO Read plays (like the one you have from gun spread y flex wk) and Jet Sweep Pop Passes for near the goalline and to offset the motions I do... but otherwise...I'd like to be able to set my own audibles and i wish gun trips was still 10 personnel... but... that's being nitpicky i think. the Run and Shoot playbook provided has so many unique plays and has the only 5 WR empty set in the game, it has more usable 4 wide sets than any custom can give you... And it has a ton of very usable option routes. Like I get having to run this off of hot routes on madden 11. But we have essentially the SMU 2012 playbook stock. There are some SMU 2013 plays we dont have, like Divide (More or less a option route variation of Mills (Dig Post) combo from the slots in trips), Replace (more or less Levels with Option Routes to hitch up and switch releases), 4 verticals with a iso WR on a drag, and 2 back mesh. But like those arent the core of the playbook. I'd like the RnS playbook to have a built in half roll for under center and a angle drop for the gun and pistol, but that isnt there so I have to manually do it... as well as manually fix blocking... but those are issues with all formations. I don't see a valid reason for doing the deal with hot routes unless you are really really into a diverse run/RPO game and want to take WRs off the field for TEs. Which... why?

Quote:
Always up to talk Shoot or Air Raid. I basically am doing the Air Raid 2.0 or SMU with June Jones and Hal Mumme as HC and OC.
If you look at their playbook though, it was mostly Run and Shoot with some Air Raid ideas and tempo and practice structure infused into it. June added Mesh and Go fully became a quick game concept for him around then, but like... 90% of their concepts were stuff he ran at Hawaii and 75% was stuff he ran at Atlanta
Old 04-29-2020, 03:16 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter135
Awesome, thank you!

I had an Air Raid I was running but it had a ton of hot routes and that glitch made it hard.

If you build your air raid playbook correctly (mostly Gun Spread Y-Flex, Gun Empty Base, Gun Trey Open, Gun Trips TE-Flex), you shouldn't need to make almost any hot routes, mostly just re hot routing drags to drags so they get a better release or fixing fades so they dont run into the stands when to the boundary
Old 04-29-2020, 03:18 PM   #39
Rookie

Sorry for the slow replies, i respond faster on facebook in the group I run there on the Run and Shoot. If you have any questions or want to ding me to come check here for updates, check it out at:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/324387517757082/
Old 11-23-2021, 02:15 PM   #40
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philosopher0
Run N Gun is a generic playbook that has a lot of interesting plays. I do not recall where the playbook came from. The Run N Shoot playbook is essentially the SMU Playbook from NCAA ported over to Madden like 5 or 6 years ago and not updated since. Run and Shoot is 4 wide only. Run N Gun has more options and is more varied.

I actually just finished up this guide for running the Air Raid out of the Run N Gun Playbook actually. It isn't perfect. He is right a custom playbook would be better, especially because a few concepts are not in this playbook as much as I'd like... but the Run N Gun playbook has a few plays not found in create a playbook so for me its worth dealing with it in the Run N Gun setup. What I like best about it is it sticks to X and Y being on the line of scrimmage. Here you go:
]
Hey man, went back to playing 18 recently and been enjoying. Found this guide and wondered how you run it out of run and gun? Or you have to make custom playbook? Any help would be appreciated.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »