Home

Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2018, 11:03 AM   #73
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiapackees
Top qbs falling in the draft?
Given that Rodgers fell from possible #1 to 23, and Brady going in the 6th round, Russell Wilson in the third, I could go for a while here. Seems a bit realistic, at least a lot more than the Browns drafting a qb in the top 5 for two years...(maybe a bad example, but Baker.).

Sent from my VS986 using Operation Sports mobile app
By all means, keep going. You have 3 examples, which arent very good ones either and they happened some years apart.

We are seeing this in every draft class now in Madden.
Brady wasn't the full time starter in Michigan, he split time with Drew Hanson and neither went first round, though Henson went in the second and was a bust. Much like Mark Brunell split time with Billy Joe Hobert in Washington and neither of those guys were first round picks either. 3rd and 5th.

People keep forgetting that when Rodgers was drafted, everybody knew which ever QB went first between him and Alex Smith, the other guy would fall if they got past #10 because teams didn't need a QB in in the middle of that round.
And Russell Wilson wasn't rated a first rounder either so you need to keep going if you want to make a valid point.

The thing in this game was that teams that already had young QBs Rosen, Darnold, Allen....the game were still drafting QBs the next year and those guys were now backups is what im saying. And now Madden has those QBs falling to later rounds which isnt realistic.

We just didnt want teams that had QBs drafting them.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-07-2018 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:14 PM   #74
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
TC, what's the common denominator of all of those goals and directions the different CD's have?

All of them need to take those goals and directions upstream to the higher ups.
True. But how can you send a message to the higher ups? There either needs to be a lot of bad PR based on it not being an actual football game, or sales need to drop.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 11-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #75
Pro

triplechin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
This I agree with. The genre is just going in a direction I can't get with. I feel like everything else just keeps getting better, but sports gaming is just going down the toilet.
Yup. Sports games are all in general not improving in quality as much as games of other genres are. I blame this on the shift from trying to make games that appeal to players to making games that take advantage of players (UT, 2K's Mycareer modes, etc.). That direction can probably be pinned on the suits/higher ups

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 12:19 PM   #76
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
True. But how can you send a message to the higher ups? There either needs to be a lot of bad PR based on it not being an actual football game, or sales need to drop.
Well i suggested sending a message with your wallet but some guys didnt like that because they like to buy this game every year, then complain how it isnt any better. I skip one to three years on it.
Old 11-07-2018, 12:22 PM   #77
Pro

triplechin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Well i suggested sending a message with your wallet but some guys didnt like that because they like to buy this game every year, then complain how it isnt any better. I skip one to three years on it.
Yeah, I put up with a lot but I've also stopped buying, I can't enjoy a franchise mode with XP.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
Old 11-07-2018, 12:28 PM   #78
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplechin
I would go with the first option because people have been begging for sales to drop off since the license deal and we are still here.

Higher ups think they are making a good game based on the sales. Every time you lose a customer, someone else steps up.

Last edited by roadman; 11-07-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 05:32 PM   #79
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Madden has never been that authentic. I don't long for the days when my 62 OVR, 97 speed undrafted WR could play the slot and routinely register 2,000-yard seasons.

My biggest problem with the game--and the same goes for 2K--is that it feels the same as it did 5-6 years ago. Some aspects feel the same as they did 15 years ago. Nearly every part of the game feels stale. Even with the improvements from year to year the core of the game and its legacy issues remain the same. The controls, the playcalling screens, the basic mechanics of the game; some of this stuff has barely changed since the early 2000s. Defenders still magically stonewall your ball carrier despite having momentum so it's 3rd or 4th and inches. OL logic is still abysmal. Robo QB rears its head too often. Speed still means too much, granted not as much as it used to. Sliders don't work as they should, penalty sliders do crazy stuff, stagnant pre-snap defenses who show Cover 2 a vast majority of the time, etc.

Madden 19 has its warts and I still probably would take 18 over it but it's not a terrible game. I haven't finished my second season with the Jets yet out of boredom and patch-to-patch frustrations but part of that is Madden fatigue.

I really don't know where sports gaming can go from here. It feels a bit like it has maxed out, especially compared to non-sports games.

Fantastic post and somehow a little sad. Maybe I’m not gonna ever get the game I want. I stopped buying 2k a few years ago, so maybe this is it for me
Old 11-08-2018, 02:21 AM   #80
Rookie

Haven’t played 19 yet but 18 is by far the most realistic football game I’ve played and I’ve played them all.

With that being said, the gameplay, especially when it comes to player movement and interaction is not as far along as it should be given that this game has had 25+ years to develop.

The game still has yet to cross that line where the player models demonstrate true explosiveness, fluid body movement, and realistic mass.

Now, does any game have this sort of physics? Rockstar’s games seem to be the pinnacle of this but I don’t think they are there yet either.

I just think that Madden and EA should also be the innovators here. Hopefully RPM is only in the infant stages as there is some promise there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »