Home

Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-09-2018, 11:20 PM   #105
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Just because I quoted you, doesn't mean I was directing it at you, it was a general statement. Sorry you took it the wrong way.
No worries, I wasnt sure so thought I would reply to make sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2018, 11:34 PM   #106
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
I don't think that applies to anyone in this specific thread, though. And hey, sometimes people just want their voice to be heard, one way or another. I mean, that is the point of a forum in general. I don't see any harm in it. If someone likes the game they can just ignore it and enjoy the game. And as long as the detractors of Madden aren't total jerks about their opinions, I think it's fine.
I was speaking in generalities, but I do know people that post that they traded in the game and are so over Madden and still come back many more times and tell us what irks them about the game.

In general, I don't complain about stuff I don't own, so, I guess that is where I am coming from. I would think it works both ways, if you don't own the game, you can ignore it, too, correct? And when it's coming from the same voice(s) on a continuous basis it starts becoming more than just wanting their voices heard at OS.

I do agree with the constructive opinions part.

Just saying voices have been ringing for the past decade or more and they still continue to ring and probably will continue to ring for quite awhile until more people become satisfied with different parts of the game.

Hopefully, one day in the not so distance future dreams may come true.

All of us want a better improved game and that goes for other sports games I own.

An oversight on my part, I don't want to give the impression that if you own the game, you shouldn't complain. lol There are shortcomings with the game.

Last edited by roadman; 11-10-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:40 PM   #107
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
No worries, I wasnt sure so thought I would reply to make sure.
And I knew you had the game based on the post you've been making over the past few months.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:28 AM   #108
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Yes it has and not one thing was done with it.

Dr. Jones, who is a poster here in the baseball and football forums and a former developer of MVP baseball explained in a post many years ago that the NFL makes more $ having the license for 1 gaming company vs 4 gaming companies combined.

About 3 years ago, someone asked the lead of the NFLPA about getting another football gaming studio involved and the answer was a resounding no because they have a great relationship with EA.

There have been petitions, phone calls, email campaigns, etc... It's been 13 years and I don't see anything in the future changing what we have in front of us now.

It would be great to have another alternative, but a business relationship that has built up for the last 13 years is difficult to break that up.
From a mitigation standpoint, having one developer producing a product is good business practice. The NFL is one of the more brand conscious sports leagues out there so they likely have a long list of regulations that a developer needs to meet in order to produce their video game. Wonder why there are no concussion injuries?

Everything else is just the state of the industry. Its big business. Video games are right up there with movies and TV shows from an industry revenue standpoint.

Even the pinnacle of sports video game franchises, NBA 2K, has become bogged down with micro-transactions.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:39 PM   #109
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
QB AI is the best it's ever been

Zone coverage AI best it's ever been

Man coverage Ai best It's ever been

Db/wr interactions the best it's ever been

This game sure feels like it's the best it's ever been

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
qb ai is best it's ever been?? let me get whatever you are smoking cuz it must be pretty dang good.

you get 1 of 2 qbs..dink n dunk or robo qb.

there is no in-between.

..all the running to the left an throwing back across the body with body momentum being irrelevant and arm motion not mattering as they hit receivers in perfect stride.

or how they move around in the pocket when the rush is coming....they run back wards... right into the rush...or they just move around with 2 hands on the ball at a slow jog and either gain a few yards, still get sacked, or throw it back across their body an get a completion

qb scrambling is absolutely atrocious. throwing on the run.. broken...

qbs Always hike the ball right away. they don't use hard counts. they don't run the play clock down under 5 seconds... they don't put guys in motion...

all things that previous Madden games and other football games have done better... never all at once but individuall aspects.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w

Last edited by schnaidt1; 11-12-2018 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2018, 01:47 PM   #110
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
qb ai is best it's ever been?? let me get whatever you are smoking cuz it must be pretty dang good.

there is no in-between.

..all the running to the left an throwing back across the body with body momentum being irrelevant and arm motion not mattering as they hit receivers in perfect stride.

or how they move around in the pocket when the rush is coming....they run back wards...****n into the rush...or they just move around with 2 hands on the ball at a slow jog...

qbs Always hike the ball right away. they don't use hard counts. they don't run the play clock down under 5 seconds... they don't put guys in motion...

all things that previous Madden games and other football games have done better... never all at once but individuall aspects.

Man idk what game you're playing. The cpu 100% hard counts and uses fake hikes.

I remember madden 17 where the qb ai was actually trash and would intentionally ground every play. Or madden 15 where lowering the qb acc too much would result in them never throwing deep. I get a good mixture of good/bad cpu qb play. Maybe some dink and dunk games but no robo qb.

The one thing I really don't like is the throw on the run / across the field perfect accuracy thing. Fortunately that happens about once every other game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 02:43 PM   #111
MVP

Quote:

there is no in-between.

or how they move around in the pocket when the rush is coming....they run back wards... right into the rush...or they just move around with 2 hands on the ball at a slow jog and either gain a few yards, still get sacked, or throw it back across their body an get a completion

I really have to disagree with the hard count. That may have something to do with settings. It's the minimum clock being too low or some other setting having to do with time causing it. The slider guys have that one figured out. I curse at myself at least twice a game for jumping.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #112
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:

there is no in-between.

I've been playing on all madden with sliders and have gotten pretty good results. I still get some funky plays from the AI QB which I think may have something to do with RPM being in the early stages. I have actually been having the AI QB use hard counts and throw the deep ball on me. Also, not always, but I have had the QB run the ball on me when it's there. The one thing that gets annoying though is a couple of times a game I'll have the CPU QB turn and run away from the line of scrimmage to avoid the rush then turn on a dime and throw the perfect strike downfield.

Another thing that still bothers me I wish they could make some improvements in is the line play. I wish they had more organic play on the line rather than it feel like you are suctioned in to some blocking animation every play. I'd get a lot more enjoyment out of playing as a rusher if the interactions were more natural and you had to fight your way through a block with different button presses combined with
actions with the right stick to utilize different variations of rush moves. Instead the way it is now you get suctioned in with the o-line and have to try and button mash one of the two buttons trying to shed the block or sometimes I'll just try and change direction and peel off of the block.

Last edited by Shosum13; 11-12-2018 at 04:16 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »