Home

Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 11-05-2018, 12:25 PM   #25
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

I donít think Madden has been authentic for years if ever. I donít have the game but I watched some vids and I seriously donít see it. I saw a team with Deion Sanders and he doesnít run or move or look like Deion at all in my opinion. Maybe like 1 or 2 players actually have any mannerisms of the player. Madden doesnít look like football, just somewhat graphically accurate robots moving around.

Also, all this talk about chain gangs. Do they even use them anymore? Iíve watched a ton of NFL games this season and I havenít seen a measurement yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 12:29 PM   #26
Rookie

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Here is the issue, though, that I've learned from this line of personal thinking and I've been guilty of it in the past.

Equipment authentication may not be important for me, but it's important enough for others. Before Equipt Guru worked at Madden, he started a huge thread on equipment here at OS.

The chain gang isn't important for me either, but it's important for other folks who want more authenticity. What is more important for me is proper ball placement at first contact towards the first down marker.

Madden isn't made for roadman's wants and needs, it's made for everyone.

Do I like all the presentation elements within the game? Heck, no, so, I button press out of it all, but there are people that will take it all in.

Madden has plenty of areas in the game that need improvement, not just certain areas here and there.
I think the main issue is identifying the most important area that needs improvement.
To me, if you don't have consistently good gameplay, nothing else you put in the game matters. That's a general statement, I know, but the only reason Madden is even really playable for me this year is because of gameplay mods. WillChillz Nectar mod proved that one man could so much for a certain area of immersion and gameplay in a month or two, and it shows that the game HAS potential, but the devs aren't currently correctly utilizing the potential they have. That's what makes this game so frustrating, because it could be a great game. A lot of the issues the game has can be solved by basic things within the code, as the mods created have shown. But no, this game is not authentic besides the fact that it has the NFL license. To me, it does not authentically represent, in simulation or in gameplay, what we see on Sundays.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:33 PM   #27
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayCutlersCig
While I agree with you on some points, I have to disagree with them, too.

I canít tell you how many times Fullbacks run into their blocking assignment and no animation is triggered. HB Power seems to be the only play it doesnít happen on; plays like 94 Will or HB Stretch are pretty much pointless. On toss plays, tackles will swing out, rub shoulders with a DE, and ignore them.

Like I said, the bells and whistles are there, but IMO, the gameplay is lacking.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Stretch is pointless? Stretch plays are hands down the best runs in the game, due to the cutback opportunities they provide.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #28
Pro

JayCutlersCig's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Stretch is pointless? Stretch plays are hands down the best runs in the game, due to the cutback opportunities they provide.

When your offensive line doesnít know their assignments/runs into them with no animation, yeah, theyíre pointless.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:28 PM   #29
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by timhere1970
I agree with most of this. I do not notice the ball spot issue as much as other people. What I do notice is when I am one step from the first down the defender closing five feet before I can take it and stopping all forward progress at angles that should not do that to create and short situations. I have noticed that for a decade or more. I think on field the game is the best overall it's ever been with more better and less worse. Off field for franchise not so much.

The game playing better than a decade ago is not a major accomplishment. Most of us play other games and that is what the complaining derives from. While in 2005 the game may not have been as good as it is today it was much closer to pushing the boundaries of what game systems could do. We all expected franchise to become more realistic and it has continually become less so. That is a business decision based on one size fits all because where else are the customers going to go. EA is never going to make everybody happy. The disappointing they won't try.
Main thing I have with the game now, is the ratings don't seem to matter anymore. Players with higher ratings don't feel different from a lower rated guy. The game still suffers from canned animations, I'd argue more in 19 than say 17. The physics also took a step back. Those are probably my top 3 issues with the current engine.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:51 PM   #30
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
Main thing I have with the game now, is the ratings don't seem to matter anymore. Players with higher ratings don't feel different from a lower rated guy. The game still suffers from canned animations, I'd argue more in 19 than say 17. The physics also took a step back. Those are probably my top 3 issues with the current engine.
The rating matter if you dont use the speed treshold. I dont know why they even put it in there. I have mine at 15 since they change it with the latest update. Had it at zero.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:46 PM   #31
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I will happily agree with 2 of those 3 and disagree with ratings matter. If I see someone in 19 getting beat at the line, I look into why it happened. ie Jimmy Graham is a terrible run blocker and anyone on D can basically rag doll him. So, I feel ratings matter more so in 19 vs any other year.

Agree with the physics and canned animations, no doubt. I'd also throw in clean up more RPM(happens a few times per game on my end), get rid of that awful 360 degree animation with the CPU QB avoiding the blitz and throwing across body. Also, warping can leave any time as well.

And just to add on to a quoted post, gameplay is king for me, always has been, always will be. My point was, there are other people feel that cfm, presentation or equipment and player authenticity is more important than gameplay. Even though I may disagree with their priorities, I won't point out they are wrong. (I was guilty of that previously)

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new

Last edited by roadman; 11-05-2018 at 04:14 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #32
Pro

SMH. Ratings absolutely matter. The game still has thresholds FFS. All sorts of abilities/animations are available to highly rated players that are not available to the scrubs. The difference can be so stark that I seriously have to question whether or not anyone who would say such a thing even plays the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »