Home

Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

This is a discussion on Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 11-04-2018, 02:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

As I play Madden 19, its a good game but when I have a 3rd and 1 and I run the ball and I get a yard and after the play the ball is on top of the first down marker and they say it's 4th and inches, that bugs the hell out of me. What happened to the chain gang? What happened to refs calling for a measurement? In this day and age of technology its unacceptable to not have stuff that was in games 10 to 20 years ago. I still think about how madden and college football was on the original xbox. Those games seemed like they had everything that's missing today. Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 08:01 AM   #2
MVP

Re: Will Madden ever be as Authentic as it used to be?

Am I feel you!

I remember the injury cart/ambulance comes out on the field while players standing their getting trampled LoL.

But yeah I feel the game is long overdue for true authenticity but they just don’t have the time or really a plan of action to make this happen!

I have said this several times before and I dunno why it’s an Issue but you don’t tear down your whole house and foundation to add a bedroom or re do the kitchen. So to me this is what ea does with its sports games every year
Old 11-04-2018, 08:10 AM   #3
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Even with the chain gang trotting out, you will still be marked short of the first down. Madden is terrible with ball mark placement near the line of scrimmage and will 95% of the time mark you short of the first down.

1. We will see when we will see. Show me don't tell me/wait and see mode etc
B. We aren't going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe again.
2. We aren't going to jump on the hype train yearly .
C. Better late than never
3. It was in before, can't call it new
Old 11-04-2018, 09:48 AM   #4
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Challenges are also a waste in their current state.
The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (Switch)
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch)
Old 11-04-2018, 11:07 AM   #5
Rookie

sinthros's Arena

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. It's not like these features would be difficult to implement. It's fundamental football principles.
But, you know, why focus on fixing that when you can make more virtual MUT cards for people to buy?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #6
Agents of Shield Season 6

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Even with the chain gang trotting out, you will still be marked short of the first down. Madden is terrible with ball mark placement near the line of scrimmage and will 95% of the time mark you short of the first down.
I feel like the game is coded to produce an artificial number of "and inches" outcomes to create more dramatic situations. Defenders seem to get an incredible boost in tackling at the first down marker and ball carriers get passive animations too often in those scenarios. As you say the ball marking is bogus much of time too. The only saving grace is that it affects both the User and CPU the same.

I disagree with the title of the thread though. Some presentation elements were better in the past, but IMO the gameplay of Madden was not more authentic than what we have today. Expectations are just exponentially higher than they've ever been before.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#[email protected]& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:27 PM   #7
Pro

I've devised a fool proof method of thwarting bad ball spots. I throw, past the marker, on all high leverage downs.
Old 11-04-2018, 12:40 PM   #8
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. It's not like these features would be difficult to implement. It's fundamental football principles.
But, you know, why focus on fixing that when you can make more virtual MUT cards for people to buy?
Exactly....and i never buy that crap. Im not spending another dime for crap like that and imo they can get rid of those things and focus on other things that SHOULD matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »