Home

Old 11-07-2018, 03:19 PM   #17
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Fumbles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
How do you make the QB slide in 2019? Tried the square key(PS4) and it just makes him dive.

Took me a while to figure it out but it's L2 + R2 + Square
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-07-2018, 08:18 PM   #18
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by m29a
In my experience, the key to avoid fumbling is to never throw if you are about to get sacked. And if I go for a scramble, then I slide almost all of the time. Doing that, I've rarely fumbled with Lamar Jackson in my franchise, and my RBs/WRs even less so.

As for the interceptions, I've learned to mostly avoid throwing deep unless they're really wide open. From what I've seen, the WRs don't fight for the ball like the DBs usually do, so it ends up getting picked more often than not.

Seems to me that it doesn't matter if I'm attempting to throw or not it's always a fumble. I give up trying to figure it out. It's disappointing that EA would ruin an otherwise fun game by making QB fumbles insufferable.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-07-2018, 08:57 PM   #19
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Nearly every single one of my interceptions is on a throw like this where my receiver is open behind the defense and instead of the QB making a lob throw he throws it on a line and it's intercepted. I don't know how to keep that from happening because I TAP the button and it pops up on the screen that it's a lob throw and yet this is what happens. I don't know how to keep this from happening and it seems to happen once or twice a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XZb3XnmKTA
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Old 11-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #20
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUTiger1
Nearly every single one of my interceptions is on a throw like this where my receiver is open behind the defense and instead of the QB making a lob throw he throws it on a line and it's intercepted. I don't know how to keep that from happening because I TAP the button and it pops up on the screen that it's a lob throw and yet this is what happens. I don't know how to keep this from happening and it seems to happen once or twice a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XZb3XnmKTA
That shouldn't be showing up on your screen (lob passes, hard passes) have you updated your game? Is it possible not to?

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-07-2018 at 10:23 PM.
Old 11-07-2018, 09:54 PM   #21
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
That shouldn't be showing up on your screen (love passes, hard passes) have you updated your game? Isn't possible not to?

Yes my game is updated with update 1.12. I just don't know what to do. I practiced that scenario several times and thought pushing up on the left stick at the same time of trying to lob it over the defender's head was the answer but it wasn't. It seems to be completely random as to when it happens. Most of the time it's fine but it's just those couple times each game it happens and bang interception.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #22
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Yes my game is updated with update 1.12. I just don't know what to do. I practiced that scenario several times and thought pushing up on the left stick at the same time of trying to lob it over the defender's head was the answer but it wasn't. It seems to be completely random as to when it happens. Most of the time it's fine but it's just those couple times each game it happens and bang interception.
I never use the stick doing a lob pass. I just give it a quick nap depending if it's a long pass or medium pass but never use the stick. I've also found that with a QB that don't have the highest ratings for medium and long pass, to not use the stick much because the ball will go where you don't want it to.
When I had Rivers the stick worked great when I wanted to throw it to a receiver to his outside or inside but it don't work as well with QBs rated lower and my QB now is a 78 rated and his medium pass accuracy is like 78 and and long accuracy is like 76. Rivers rating there were much higher.
Now I use the left stick when throwing it harder if I want the pass up high but that's it and if you are tossing it on a crossing route for instance and there is a LB in front of the pattern, a lob won't clear him unless there is a big gap between the LB and WR and the LB isn't a guy like Bobby Wagner cause Wagner gonna pic it everytime lol.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-07-2018 at 11:22 PM.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:45 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Took me a while to figure it out but it's L2 + R2 + Square

How do they expect us to hit 3 buttons at the same time, with 2 hands ??!!
Old 11-08-2018, 01:58 AM   #24
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

Quote:
I never use the stick doing a lob pass. I just give it a quick nap depending if it's a long pass or medium pass but never use the stick. I've also found that with a QB that don't have the highest ratings for medium and long pass, to not use the stick much because the ball will go where you don't want it to.
When I had Rivers the stick worked great when I wanted to throw it to a receiver to his outside or inside but it don't work as well with QBs rated lower and my QB now is a 78 rated and his medium pass accuracy is like 78 and and long accuracy is like 76. Rivers rating there were much higher.
Now I use the left stick when throwing it harder if I want the pass up high but that's it and if you are tossing it on a crossing route for instance and there is a LB in front of the pattern, a lob won't clear him unless there is a big gap between the LB and WR and the LB isn't a guy like Bobby Wagner cause Wagner gonna pic it everytime lol.

I just don't understand the inconsistency play to play. One play I get the perfectly lobbed deep pass and the next I get the interception from the video and I swear all I do is tap the button both times and time it the exact same. Wait until the receiver clearly has the defense beat and lob it up (or attempt too) and sometimes what happens is the result in the video. The QB in the video has a 97 throwing power and I believe his deep accuracy is about 77 or 78. But that play there has nothing to do with accuracy.

But I appreciate you trying to figure it out. I really wish someone from the Madden team would respond to me on here or on Twitter and explain to me why I get such random results when I do the exact same thing every time. I've pretty much all but given up on trying to throw it deep because the risk of interception is just too high since I never know when it's going to happen. The only deep passes I'm comfortable throwing are deep post and crossing routes since I'm not trying to throw it over a defender's head.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »