Home

Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

This is a discussion on Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-12-2018, 11:15 AM   #17
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

In 18 the User vs CPU gameplay for me was wrecked until after they patched the Excessive Pancakes toward the end of the nfl season.....After that I agree I had a decently little fun time with 18 in the offseason when the community put out their draft rosters

They burned me so bad with that, that I waited until I found a deep discount to get 19.....So far The cpu rb rpm madness is a major hurdle to me getting into the game....In other areas its better than 18 but the rpm stuff makes it hard to enjoy it.....Probably wont have the same level of fun I had with 18 until after the season is over and they solve fix the cpu rpm.

Whats a little frustrating about that is....hasn't the PC modders already found the cause of the cpu rbs going crazy in the code???? And they turned down the sensitivity value

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Old 11-13-2018, 07:14 AM   #18
Rookie

cuoreceltico's Arena

OVR: 0

I prefer the 19
Old 11-13-2018, 10:26 AM   #19
MVP

The final version of M18 is a superior product to M19 in its current state. Zones played better and the pass rush/pass protection meta-game was also better.

Last year's game didn't have anything like the 2-3 man user rushes I've seen this year. You could not non-glitchy pressure with 4 last year, but this year the only 4 man rush that I *know* works this year is the pinch line trick out of Big Nickel. If you want to send 5 most versions of crossfire still work, but otherwise you better send 6 if you hope to get home.

EA's attempt to introduce match coverages into the game was a complete flop, and it's rendered the stock zones included in those plays borderline unusable.

If I call a base C3 play 9 times out of 10 the only assignment I'll want to leave alone is the middle third zone. The outside thirds, curl flats, and hook curls all need to be changed because they are too easily exploited.

Most C4 and split field coverages can only be used if you are willing to protect the sticks which creates a whole host of issues for both run and pass D.

So your choices, in terms of coverage, this year are either Tampa 2 (C2 Sink sucks, once again soft squats can't play much) or a *heavily* hot routed C3.

It's unfortunate. I was really hyped for the new coverages based on how well 18 played in its final state. Without this sort of breakthrough the game isn't going to progress strategically. There's just only so much you can do when all but one of your coverage defenders are always playing a spot drop zone.

Last edited by stinkubus; 11-13-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:56 AM   #20
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
I vote Madden 17.
Last time we could give a full custom defensive playbook to computer team. Sure makes the game MUCH more SIM. No more Cover 0/1 in inappropriate situations.

Also, Cover 3 Match and Cover 2 Sink are great coverages. In goal-line situations, the cpu will call tough plays vs default (M18, 19) where the call ONLY 2 plays.
It's pretty funny seeing this response in a thread solely commenting on the smoothness and controls.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 11-15-2018, 03:47 PM   #21
Rookie

Popped 18 in this morning before work. Man, it just looks and plays better then 19. Unless this new title update for 19 is a major improvement, I think it's 18 for me, here on out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-15-2018, 04:47 PM   #22
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

I don’t play Madden anymore but my brother is very much into it, until Madden 19 that is.

I’m still playing Madden games on PS2, imo they are by far better games of football than today’s stuff.

Last edited by Earl1963; 11-15-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:42 PM   #23
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

So now that Madden is 50% off for the Holidays. Do I get it or stay with M18 ?? I trust theasses here. The posts so far on this thread at least have been very well written.

Thanks guys !!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-15-2018, 05:43 PM   #24
Banned

ejf0255's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejf0255
So now that Madden is 50% off for the Holidays. Do I get it or stay with M18 ?? I trust theasses here. The posts so far on this thread at least have been very well written.

Thanks guys !!

Masses. Sorry. Typo. LoL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »