Home

Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

This is a discussion on Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Rookie

UltraHD's Arena

OVR: 0
Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

I may be the only one but I have had a few friends echo what I’m saying. I’ve been playing M19 since it came out and enjoy it for the most part. Don’t get me wrong, it has its issues. But after a long time away I decided to have a few games on my M18 franchise that I had and it was actually a breath of fresh air. I’m not saying it is perfect but the game seems to play so much more fluid and smoother than Madden 19. Everything just feels more natural where as 19 often feels scripted or robotic. Interested to hear other people’s thoughts on this. Honestly if you still have Madden 18 kicking about just pop it back in for a game or two and I’m confident you’ll understand the points I’m making.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 08:19 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: Is it just me who thinks M18 plays so much better and smoother than M19?

I pretty much agree. 19 has sort of a mechanical feel to it on the field. I am sure it is RPM related, but nonetheless, 18 seems to look smoother and more natural.

I have edited Rbs and WRs and still marvel at how they cut back into oncoming defenders when there is green field ahead of them. We all hope EA will fix this in another patch, but so far they have not found the solution.

I am playing and watching 18 with classic teams I did, and I must say, until EA patches the RB issues, fixes sideline and end zone awareness (at a minimum), I do think 18 plays out better on the field. For my tastes anyway.

And yes, I have tried all types of sliders and traits edits to fix the RB issue...

C
Old 11-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Banned

I vote Madden 17.
Last time we could give a full custom defensive playbook to computer team. Sure makes the game MUCH more SIM. No more Cover 0/1 in inappropriate situations.

Also, Cover 3 Match and Cover 2 Sink are great coverages. In goal-line situations, the cpu will call tough plays vs default (M18, 19) where the call ONLY 2 plays.
Old 11-11-2018, 11:31 AM   #4
Rookie

I completely agree with everything written above. I'm playing 19 with DC's sliders, which actually saved 19 from being completely shelved, but throwing 18 in there every other time I play. Are there any specific sliders that make 18 play it's best?
Old 11-11-2018, 01:01 PM   #5
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Dont have M18 but i have M17 and havent played it since i got M19 but im sure i will like that it doesnt have the One Cut. Not a fan of that and hate the Stamina thing being so up and down. And yes even after updates the players still run funny in M19.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-11-2018, 01:07 PM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Doesn't surprise me in the least bit because there are people on the forum that choose last generation over Madden 19, so, no, nothing surprises me now.

I have that RPM glitch with the CPU RB's occur once or twice in my CFM games, YMMV depending what set up you use. Yes, it still occurs, but less than opening day. No excuse, hopefully, the title update coming out this week will reduce or eliminate it more.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
I completely agree with everything written above. I'm playing 19 with DC's sliders, which actually saved 19 from being completely shelved, but throwing 18 in there every other time I play. Are there any specific sliders that make 18 play it's best?
Madden 18 with flazko sliders is the best.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:11 PM   #8
Banned

Dittohead's Arena

CPU running/pathing/decision making is awful this year. Even after patches. I'd kill for it to happen only once or so a game. It happens every second play. It's almost as though they actively seek a body to run into.

It's just a very rigid game it seems. There are occasional plays and animations that play out that are amazing and feel very realistic and organic...almost a looser feel and less scripted, leaving me wonder why that's a rare occurrence as opposed to the norm. Hopefully some details are ironed out in the future.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »