Home

New Madden NFL 19 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here (11-20)

This is a discussion on New Madden NFL 19 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here (11-20) within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-20-2018, 01:36 PM   #25
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New Madden NFL 19 Patch Available Now - Patch Notes Here (11-20)

Honestly disappointed to see that they have the ability to update playbooks but they didn't do much with them. I know every play added increases the amount of testing and possible exploits, but the Chiefs, Rams, and Bears are running stuff that just isn't in Madden at all and it would be great to see some of that stuff.

For anyone that watched MNF, the Chiefs had a play (it ended up getting negated b/c of a timeout before the snap) where Mahomes was in a split back set with Tyreke on his right and Hunt on his left. At the snap he did a fake to Hunt and then Tyreke came around behind him and they ran an option play to the left. It was beautiful. Those types of plays, as well as all of the motion and fake hand offs to wr's who are coming in motion, would be huge additions.

Sad to see them adjust kickoff formations instead of doing something like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 01:44 PM   #26
MIB Crew

rspencer86's Arena

OVR: 49

Regarding the playbooks, how cool would it be for them to update them every week, like a roster update? Even adding just two or three of the best plays from the previous week would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

University of Missouri '09
Twitter: @RyanASpencer

Royals / Chiefs / Bulls / Mizzou / Sporting KC

PSN: MizzouTigerrr
Old 11-20-2018, 01:45 PM   #27
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

To anyone who is playing post-patch today, please post some feedback on receiver catching. Was hoping for more receiver aggressiveness and less stepping out of bounds (not getting two feet in on catches), and overall better passing/catching post-patch. Thanks.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #28
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by St3fN_sTrApS
I don’t know if this had happened to anyone else or if it’s been addressed and fixed but this had happened to me a couple of times ....I had sacked the quarterback and they called me for roughing the passer! Like a clear sack, ball still in the QB’s hand yet I got called for roughing.

Other than that I’ve had the most fun playing Madden this season than I’ve had in years. Appreciate all the hard work put into the game and listening to our feedback. Keep it up EA!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well that's pretty accurate to what we see today where if you breathe on the QB it's a penalty. Just make sure you gently take him to the ground next time.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:12 PM   #29
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
Honestly disappointed to see that they have the ability to update playbooks but they didn't do much with them. I know every play added increases the amount of testing and possible exploits, but the Chiefs, Rams, and Bears are running stuff that just isn't in Madden at all and it would be great to see some of that stuff.

For anyone that watched MNF, the Chiefs had a play (it ended up getting negated b/c of a timeout before the snap) where Mahomes was in a split back set with Tyreke on his right and Hunt on his left. At the snap he did a fake to Hunt and then Tyreke came around behind him and they ran an option play to the left. It was beautiful. Those types of plays, as well as all of the motion and fake hand offs to wr's who are coming in motion, would be huge additions.

Sad to see them adjust kickoff formations instead of doing something like this.
I think that's to much of a gamble at this point of breaking something in the game. They most likely have branched off and started on Madden 20 already, so it makes more sense to implement that into 20. You just cant dump things in like that. Programming doesnt work that way. The bears & chiefs offenses looked nothing like it does now a yr ago.

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 11-20-2018 at 03:37 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 02:14 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 4

Unless I'm missing something I dont see ANY new plays just skimming through the books...
Old 11-20-2018, 02:42 PM   #31
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSABOx
Unless I'm missing something I dont see ANY new plays just skimming through the books...
Said that they added split back to WC and balanced playbooks....I'd assume that would be the generic books....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2018, 02:44 PM   #32
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Said that they added split back to WC and balanced playbooks....I'd assume that would be the generic books....
Ya I know damn near every play in all of the formations available to us in the custom playbook section (they didnt add split back to custom books) and no new plays to the regular formations have been added

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »