Home

Guide: How to Scout Efficiently in Madden 19 CFM

This is a discussion on Guide: How to Scout Efficiently in Madden 19 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-26-2018, 09:26 AM   #9
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Guide: How to Scout Efficiently in Madden 19 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajra21
Nice work. Won't be using it myself as scouting and drafting remain too easy in Madden.

Nevertheless, you have done a really good job on this.

However, I completely disagree with UDFA. The M19 ones are far more likely to provide someone worth investing in.

Nah they mainly suck compared to last year. It’s a waste of points. If you’re consistently finding good players in the UDFA pool you’re getting lucky!

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-26-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentaurus
Very useful generic guide, best for players who sim more games than they play in CFM. Still has great ideas (unlocking only the first attribute, targeting younger players) that work well in leagues where all games are played.

However in leagues where you will not be simming any games here are some other very useful strategies.

First and foremost, if you have positions you don't need, don't scout them.

Example, if you are playing as my favorite team, Texans, you don't really need to be scouting QB and WR shouldn't be touched until combine scores come out either.

Other keys, avoid scouting FB, TE, and LBs (including rush DEs) until the combine. These positions are woefully slow and leave most of the guys unusable, wait to see their combine before scouting.

Yeah this is an interesting point actually. If you’re in play leagues then speed is obviously more of a factor. I’d say your advice about TEs is sound and for LBs too, but if you left WRs and DBs as well you’d have nowhere near enough points to spend after the combine.

Not scouting positions of strength is a given - I’m not saying scout every position even if you have no intention of drafting a player who plays there. But I’ll cover off this sort of stuff in a future guide I’m planning around team building.

v7.1 released 16th October 2018! Check out the thread and download the latest version!
Old 11-26-2018, 10:44 AM   #11
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Don't know if I agree with just unlocking the first attribute. There are plenty of opportunities to scout players and there are times I'm wondering who the heck else I even need to scout. You will end up unlocking the next two anyways. I end up scouting possitions I don't really need due to there being so many opportunities to scout players.

For instance, I only need a backup QB( my starter in three years went from quick dev to SS) and want a cheaper backup since my cap space is tightening up and my current backup is making 3.79 million but I have so many points I end up scouting QBs rated where I don't really want to pick one.

Last edited by Rayzaa; 11-26-2018 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2018, 03:46 PM   #12
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
Yeah this is an interesting point actually. If you’re in play leagues then speed is obviously more of a factor. I’d say your advice about TEs is sound and for LBs too, but if you left WRs and DBs as well you’d have nowhere near enough points to spend after the combine.

Not scouting positions of strength is a given - I’m not saying scout every position even if you have no intention of drafting a player who plays there. But I’ll cover off this sort of stuff in a future guide I’m planning around team building.

I don't know, I typically have plenty left over, but I also use that combine wisely. I won't scout a WR or DB who isn't 4.49 or faster (~90spd), same with a LB/TE who isn't 4.75 or faster (~81spd). Also if I have points before the combine which is normal as well, I'll start scouting CB (Man-to-Man) types.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:55 AM   #13
Pro

Old Man Nathy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
Don't know if I agree with just unlocking the first attribute. There are plenty of opportunities to scout players and there are times I'm wondering who the heck else I even need to scout. You will end up unlocking the next two anyways. I end up scouting possitions I don't really need due to there being so many opportunities to scout players.

For instance, I only need a backup QB( my starter in three years went from quick dev to SS) and want a cheaper backup since my cap space is tightening up and my current backup is making 3.79 million but I have so many points I end up scouting QBs rated where I don't really want to pick one.

The whole premise is to avoid wasting points on guys you later realise are likely to be crap once you see their combine scores. You can’t wait until after the combine for everyone but you can offset the risk of not seeing a dude’s combine scores by only unlocking the top skill (other than on the top guys in the class, as per the guide).

Obviously if you’re targeting particular positions then you will have far more points to play with, but if you’re trying to get most of the position adequately scouted then this guide will help.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:17 AM   #14
Just started!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry1221
Generally speaking, top 5 or 10 in 40, 3 cone, shuttle. O-line/D-line 30 bench minimum seems to be a solid base.
anything above a 6.5 is a pretty good draft/combine grade...below 6 starts to fall off.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:16 AM   #15
Pro

I'm willing to give this a shot. Scouting has been too tedious for me so I usually just sim through it and take whatever happens.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2019, 12:17 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I'm willing to give this a shot. Scouting has been too tedious for me so I usually just sim through it and take whatever happens.
I've tried this approach in the past, but what usually ends up happening is that I don't have any information about available players no later than rounds 3-4.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »