Home

QB drop glitch?

This is a discussion on QB drop glitch? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2018, 01:39 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
QB drop glitch?

Just bought M19 on black Friday sale, first time I've played any version of Madden in a good 4-5 yrs and this game is quickly reminding me why. Man is it glitchy. Player movement feels ridiculously stiff and robotic, reminds me of the bubble hockey game you play at the arcade where players can only move up and down their one slot/track they're restricted to.

Anyway, I've noticed when I drop back with my QB there's some type of animation that initially takes over where he does his 3 or 5 step drop and then automatically pauses even though I'm still pulling down on the left stick, then after the pause it allows me to control him and drop back further/roll out, ect. Is there a way to get around that so I have full control of him as soon as the ball is snapped? Thanks.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2018, 02:13 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: QB drop glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxatlof

Anyway, I've noticed when I drop back with my QB there's some type of animation that initially takes over where he does his 3 or 5 step drop and then automatically pauses even though I'm still pulling down on the left stick, then after the pause it allows me to control him and drop back further/roll out, ect. Is there a way to get around that so I have full control of him as soon as the ball is snapped? Thanks.
Nope. If this is your first Madden in 4-5 years, it's your first on Frostbite, which is largely animation-based. Real Player Motion doubles down on that. It's not 100% clean yet, obviously, but there are benefits. I agree the transition is jarring, though, if you're jumping straight from a version that old....I suspect you might dislike it at least a little bit less in a week.

Specifically on QB drops, the animations are based on the play, and there isn't a cancel command for it I'm aware of. There IS a command to cancel PA, and trust me, you'll want to get used to using it....the AI blitzes A LOT.

Something like a quick slant (or in pistol/gun), you'll have QB control almost immediately. An under-center snap with deeper routes, it'll robo you through the drop.

This also applies to under-center plays with a designed rollout; the QB will auto-roll to the designed side through the normal "drop" sequence before giving you control...even if that means rolling him straight into a rushing EDGE. Shift your blocking assignments appropriately, and use those plays with discretion.

Last edited by tg88forHOF; 11-25-2018 at 02:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »