Home

Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2018, 11:35 AM   #41
MVP

OhMrHanky's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 19 - November Gameplay Tuning Update

I like the stamina changes for sure and have already noticed it working. I have a minor issue with blockshed changes, though. In 2 games, I’ve had 2 running plays where the DT blockshed so quickly, he tackled the qb before he could even handoff! Lol.

Now, that happens from time to time IRL, but it’s kind of annoying in the game when u know it’s a tuning thing. Again, only twice in 2 games, but the fact that I’ve seen it more than once bothers me. Not a game breaker, but a minor nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2018, 03:07 PM   #42
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhMrHanky
I like the stamina changes for sure and have already noticed it working. I have a minor issue with blockshed changes, though. In 2 games, I’ve had 2 running plays where the DT blockshed so quickly, he tackled the qb before he could even handoff! Lol.

Now, that happens from time to time IRL, but it’s kind of annoying in the game when u know it’s a tuning thing. Again, only twice in 2 games, but the fact that I’ve seen it more than once bothers me. Not a game breaker, but a minor nuisance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That blockshed issue has happen twice to me too, but IMO it's a bug because both times it happened against me when I was in heavy formation, the opposing team had a DT lined up over the Center and I ran a specific zone blocking play. IRL either the QB or the C would make an adjustment to the blocking scheme to not let that guy come untouched.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-01-2018, 04:28 PM   #43
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
I need a bit more time with it, but I'm not 100% sure I love this update. Thank goodness it's in a play call file that I can delete.

I like the stamina thing, mostly, though I wish the whole Madden approach to fatigue were different.

What I don't like is that I saw more skating in coverage and warping plays on the ball (super diving swats and warp picks) than I'd seen immediately prior to the tuner.

Am I alone in that?
I've only played 3 games post patch so not a huge sample size but one thing that was immediately noticeable for me was how "loose" the game feels now. It's weird because on one hand, I'm really liking how its playing and how fluid it feels but at the same time some of the stuff that happens looks really odd and like any kind of physics/momentum/foot planting has gone right out the window. I had to check that my settings didn't switch to very fast game speed because it almost seems like certain animations are on double speed.

Seeing a lot of stuff like this:

via Gfycat

where foot planting is just non-existent and it feels like the animation is forced into a situation rather than something occurring naturally.

And then the above is what I mentioned with the loose feeling. That's Derrick Henry, the antithesis of an agile back just weaving around at pretty much full speed. In the three games I've played it feels like every player is moving at full speed at all times and like there really is no acceleration.

Also, the CPU running game is still really, really rough.

Old 12-01-2018, 09:47 PM   #44
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I don't know what the magic combination of settings are, but I absolutely don't see those crazy CPU runs like in the video above at all anymore. I will go so far as to say that the CPU run game is not just adequate, but great now,.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:38 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Surprised to hear people are having good experiences with the CPU run game. They are still inept in my franchise, and the downs they waste trying to run kill their competitiveness. They end up in third and long way too often especially considering that the AI passing game is somewhat respectable at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 07:55 AM   #46
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
I don't know what the magic combination of settings are, but I absolutely don't see those crazy CPU runs like in the video above at all anymore. I will go so far as to say that the CPU run game is not just adequate, but great now,.
Agree, I just saw one last night on a WR screen by the CPU, though. Spin 360 when they could have cut upfield, only 1 play out of 120 or whatever I ended up on.

Ditto, in the era of title updates and the like for sports games that come out on a yearly basis, I don't see that happening. Other yearly sports games come out with the same issue and need title updates throughout.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:00 PM   #47
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Or perhaps, maybe nobody is wrong and both sides are correct in what they are seeing.

I've seen the CPU QB spin 360 and fling it once per game, I've seen warping and leaping in the game, so, I've seen some of the crap too.

I've just settled on sliders(no edits) where it's marginalized to a degree.

There isn't a need to categorize any group here, we all are here for a better Madden. The game needs many improvements and I've just touched on a few in this post.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:11 PM   #48
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Or perhaps, maybe nobody is wrong and both sides are correct in what they are seeing.

I've seen the CPU QB spin 360 and fling it once per game, I've seen warping and leaping in the game, so, I've seen some of the crap too.

I've just settled on sliders(no edits) where it's marginalized to a degree.

There isn't a need to categorize any group here, we all are here for a better Madden. The game needs many improvements and I've just touched on a few in this post.
Yes sir totally agree with your sentiment road..the less we categorize the better the overall feedback from the community will be..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »