Home

Players Development Changing

This is a discussion on Players Development Changing within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Players Development Changing

Does anyone else think its to easy for a players development trait to change? I get when a superstars development trait changes from Star to Superstar but when a guy who really is just average goes from normal to star in one season its kinda cheesy no?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-30-2018, 10:16 AM   #2
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Players Development Changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
Does anyone else think its to easy for a players development trait to change? I get when a superstars development trait changes from Star to Superstar but when a guy who really is just average goes from normal to star in one season its kinda cheesy no?
I don't think that actually happens. What I mean is, I'm pretty sure development can only change by one tier (N to Q, Q to S) in a year. Meaning, I don't think it can go from normal to Star. I'm not sure if that's accurate though.
Old 11-30-2018, 03:38 PM   #3
Cleveland Baseball Guru

Funkycorm's Arena

I look at the stats for the current year/awards/etc, and determine if the change was logical. Up or down, and change it back if it was odd.

Currently Playing:

NBA 2k24 (PS5)
Farming Simulator 22 (PC)
Elden Ring (PS5)

Twitch:

Twitch

Dynasties:

None at the moment
Old 12-03-2018, 06:43 AM   #4
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Kenny Clark had 12.5 sacks and 52 tackles in my online CFM and he went from quick to normal? Like how does that make any sense? Doesn't really bother me much since he is a 96 ovr and already a monster, but still.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

Last edited by Godgers12; 12-03-2018 at 06:46 AM.
Old 12-03-2018, 06:44 AM   #5
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
I don't think that actually happens. What I mean is, I'm pretty sure development can only change by one tier (N to Q, Q to S) in a year. Meaning, I don't think it can go from normal to Star. I'm not sure if that's accurate though.
It can happen if your player wins multiple awards.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 08:09 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

i have quoted instances in the past where dev decreased despite production and recognition where it might be argued dev would remain the same or only get better. i amended those on my roster in those in my roster, then changed them back thinking it was dirty as i couldnt do for every roster, then felt annoyed that i had gone through the thought process i had ...
Old 12-05-2018, 10:29 AM   #7
Rookie

So at first - forget the first (off)season, as the main roster contains more star/superstar players than the game would give, so there are more regressions than upgrades.

In general the system is quite ok and for most positions logical. However Madden always had problems with comparing 3-4 OLB with 4-3 OLB for example. I think main stat for dev is tackles, so your star pass rusher with 15 sacks may get a dev regression because he didn't have enough tackles. Same or similar situation for DE (4-3 vs 3-4).

I think for DT it's only sacks for the top5 (superstar!), after that sacks don't count. So if Kenny Clark is 6th in sacks for example as a DT, he won't get superstar. For the next tier only tackles count, so he has no chance to get either star or quick. A bit stupid, yes.

For this system to work for these positions Madden would need to adjust positions and compare edge guys, not the positions which are completely different in different systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »