Home

The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

This is a discussion on The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #49
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Madden franchise is out of touch with NFL fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Have to wholeheartedly disagree with you, this years game warts and all is still by far the best playing version of the game for playing sim football in a h2h league environment
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...60476247614385

Watch that and say what you just said with a straight face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 12-20-2018, 05:04 PM   #50
Rookie

TheDominator273's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgers12
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...60476247614385

Watch that and say what you just said with a straight face.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Clearly that play was bad but that happening to that extent is so infrequent I've never seen it personally both in the hundreds of games I've played nor the hundreds of games played in the leagues I'm in.

I have no issues saying with a straight face that the game as is, despite having some warts, is still the best playing Madden to date for those wanting to replicate what we see on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and occasionally Saturdays
Old 12-20-2018, 06:31 PM   #51
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Clearly that play was bad but that happening to that extent is so infrequent I've never seen it personally both in the hundreds of games I've played nor the hundreds of games played in the leagues I'm in.

I have no issues saying with a straight face that the game as is, despite having some warts, is still the best playing Madden to date for those wanting to replicate what we see on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and occasionally Saturdays
This right here.

I am in year 3 in my user vs cpu league and I'm having some great sim games. No one is saying the game doesn't have improvements going forward, there needs to be a lot more improvements going forward.

But this notion that the people that are getting their money's worth out of the game and calling out people that don't, needs to end, especially when people who aren't getting their money's worth question those that do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 08:05 PM   #52
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman

But this notion that the people that are getting their money's worth out of the game and calling out people that don't, needs to end, especially when people who aren't getting their money's worth question those that do.
Wait, what?
Old 12-20-2018, 08:10 PM   #53
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkerStL
Wait, what?
I said that because there have been some posters who accuse people that enjoy the game for what it's worth call out people that don't enjoy the game for what it's worth.

I just pointed out that people that enjoy the game seem to get questioned by some posters about the enjoyment of their game.

Hope that makes better sense.
Old 12-20-2018, 10:04 PM   #54
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

I have never seen that glitch thank goodness.

I'm with you are the second part, and I'll say it as well. It's the best NFL football game I've played and right up there with NCAA 14, to me at least.

I can't believe I'm in 2020 playing every single down and game and still have a different experience each time I play. The season pacing is perfect, FA, drafting, etc.. I let the CPU do a few things I don't want to bother with like weekly training, but post patching the game is superb.
Old 12-21-2018, 09:36 AM   #55
Rookie

SaundCo87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
I respect your opinion but disagree. If the quality is there I think that there are more people that would sink themselves into it regardless of age. That’s not say there isn’t a lot of gamers out there that don’t care about franchise regardless of how good it is.

And my last point, give me another sim based nfl game and I’ll stop with my complaints about the Madden franchise.
I think there are a lot of people out there who would play more franchise if it were better, so I think you're right there. And I'm sure Madden will continue to improve franchise, however slow the pace of it may be.

I just think that it's clearly obvious that they have decided that the majority of their time/energy/talent is not going to go to franchise anymore. I referenced my age in the previous post for a reason. Madden franchise WAS the focal point of the game for so long. It's just not now. For better or worse, it's just not.

Bottom line. You either suck it up and play what really is a pretty good game if you stop and think about it. Or you don't buy it. There isn't a lot of middle ground. And that wasn't meant to be directed specifically at you, just to players in general.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #56
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaundCo87
I think there are a lot of people out there who would play more franchise if it were better, so I think you're right there. And I'm sure Madden will continue to improve franchise, however slow the pace of it may be.

I just think that it's clearly obvious that they have decided that the majority of their time/energy/talent is not going to go to franchise anymore. I referenced my age in the previous post for a reason. Madden franchise WAS the focal point of the game for so long. It's just not now. For better or worse, it's just not.

Bottom line. You either suck it up and play what really is a pretty good game if you stop and think about it. Or you don't buy it. There isn't a lot of middle ground. And that wasn't meant to be directed specifically at you, just to players in general.

I'm having a decent amount of fun with this Madden, with sliders on All Madden I have been getting some fun challenging games vs the CPU. I just have to remind myself sometimes that it is a video game and there will be moments that will not fully mimic real life.

That being said, while game play wise I am having fun with the game the lack of innovation, and attention to franchise mode is frustrating. The lack of attention to little details in the mode is frustrating. For example how do we not have a stat menu to show history of the league in our franchise? Things like past award winners, past super bowl winners etc, this would help keep you more engaged in a franchise. How is there no menu in the standings to view the playoff race? Little details like how do I sometimes end up with the Rams signing Le'Veon Bell in the 1st off-season? How is them signing Bell even coded in to any kind of team building logic?

I could go on for days about my frustrations of what I feel are a lack of innovation, and attention to small details but that's probably best or a different thread. I'm to the point where next year may be the first time in a long time that Madden is not a day 1 purchase for me. I'm having enough fun game play wise where I may not buy next years at all unless there are significant improvements to franchise, or I'll wait to find a cheaper used copy later in the year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »