Home

Please Explain.

This is a discussion on Please Explain. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2018, 12:30 PM   #1
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
Please Explain.

Case Keenum breaks his foot on a handoff. Doesn't even fall down. RNG injuries, big no no.

Colts will not take a 4th and 6th round pick for Jacoby Brissett. Nor for a 46 OVR Jacoby Brissett.

Ravens will not take a 3rd and 6th round pick for RGIII.

I'm really beginning to wonder if Madden devs even bother to play their game in franchise mode post release.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2018, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Re: Please Explain.

Who cares if he doesn't fall down. I'd rather have rng off ball injuries than not.

I've had great realism in trades made in cfm so far. Have loved the new trade logic. Haven't experienced anything like that fortunately.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by underdog13; 12-09-2018 at 02:01 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

I've honestly stopped playing Madden 19 for the awful CFM mode.

My trade logic isn't as bad as yours has been reported, but the mode is pretty garbage. They patched draft logic, and now teams won't draft any quarterbacks until the 3rd or 4th rounds (seriously, how did they not find that when they bug tested their new patch? Literally 10 minutes of simming would have revealed the issue). Rarely do young players ever see their OVRs increase--especially if they aren't putting up record-breaking seasons.

I could be 5 years in and all the first round QBs are still in the 70s. Schemes were just window-dressing for the same tired progression system that just doesn't feel dynamic. The only real surprises are how cripplingly dumb the AI is in building their teams. I've started overpaying my players when it comes to contract negotiations because it seemed weird that Zeke Elliot would settle for 7 million a year.

The playbooks get more and more simple every year.

Nothing about franchise mode feels real or alive. A halftime score recap, some pictures from games randomly popping up, and a meaningless "scheme" label don't even come close to fixing it. I used the franchise story-generator and scouting tools from this forum for a while, but something like that can only increase my enjoyment for so long.

It's just not a very good game if you don't like digital playing cards and online head-to-head matches (and I don't).
Old 12-09-2018, 03:11 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Who cares if he doesn't fall down. I'd rather have rng off ball injuries than not.

I've had great realism in trades made in cfm so far. Have loved the new trade logic. Haven't experienced anything like that fortunately.

Agreed, the increased frequency and tougher trade logic are some of my favorite things in CFM. The mode definitely still needs a lot of work but at least this year they made some things more challenging. I really wanted to trade for Cory Davis in one of my CFMs and could not find any trade that the Titans would accept, I actually liked that.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:36 PM   #5
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Agreed, the increased frequency and tougher trade logic are some of my favorite things in CFM. The mode definitely still needs a lot of work but at least this year they made some things more challenging. I really wanted to trade for Cory Davis in one of my CFMs and could not find any trade that the Titans would accept, I actually liked that.
Please ask yourself what GM/Coach would not accept a 3rd and 6th round pick for their 3rd string QB. In no way is that even remotely realistic to deny that trade(unless it's the Saints with Taysom Hill in reality).

Don't fool yourself. They're lazy with this mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2018, 04:37 PM   #6
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13

RNG off ball injuries are fine. Crap happens.

QB's don't break their feet on handoffs and continue to walk around.
Old 12-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla_Gorilla
RNG off ball injuries are fine. Crap happens.

QB's don't break their feet on handoffs and continue to walk around.
So? Is it really that important?
Old 12-09-2018, 04:39 PM   #8
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijumpedthegun
I've honestly stopped playing Madden 19 for the awful CFM mode.

My trade logic isn't as bad as yours has been reported, but the mode is pretty garbage. They patched draft logic, and now teams won't draft any quarterbacks until the 3rd or 4th rounds (seriously, how did they not find that when they bug tested their new patch? Literally 10 minutes of simming would have revealed the issue). Rarely do young players ever see their OVRs increase--especially if they aren't putting up record-breaking seasons.

I could be 5 years in and all the first round QBs are still in the 70s. Schemes were just window-dressing for the same tired progression system that just doesn't feel dynamic. The only real surprises are how cripplingly dumb the AI is in building their teams. I've started overpaying my players when it comes to contract negotiations because it seemed weird that Zeke Elliot would settle for 7 million a year.

The playbooks get more and more simple every year.

Nothing about franchise mode feels real or alive. A halftime score recap, some pictures from games randomly popping up, and a meaningless "scheme" label don't even come close to fixing it. I used the franchise story-generator and scouting tools from this forum for a while, but something like that can only increase my enjoyment for so long.

It's just not a very good game if you don't like digital playing cards and online head-to-head matches (and I don't).
The mode is really really shallow. There's no soul to it. It feels like it's on life support.

The scheme system is really just a skeleton of a system. There's no real meat to it.

They even removed all the basic playbooks and legend playbooks, like why?

They just pay zero attention to detail in the mode and they don't care too because that mode doesn't make them money, MUT does.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »