Home

D-Lineman goalline/short yardage back..

This is a discussion on D-Lineman goalline/short yardage back.. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 09:09 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: D-Lineman goalline/short yardage back..

Quote:
Originally Posted by briz1046
I don't believe so , unless @equipment_guru has specifically placed him on the depth chart at a secondary position by overriding the restrictions placed on users
This is a pity as it's far from uncommon for defensive players to be used as FBs ( specifically DTs or LBs) as less and less teams carry a FB on the roster
An example of 'sim' players suffering as a result of restrictions put in place to counter exploits from the online/competition crowd unfortunately
I can't see any reason why depth chart restrictions should need to be applied in CFM though, as house rules should cover this for online leagues and for offline it should be user choice
Yep, another one of the countless examples of competitive play balancing causing the removal of things that we see in real football quite often.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #10
Rookie

Diablo2127's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho
You can also make your WRs as RBs. I’m not sure if you can do it in the franchise menu, but you are able to put RBs as WRs in the depth chart. I gave up my Xbox one for my daughter to get a switch so I don’t really remember. You might even be able to put RBs as WRs in formation subs. It was my work around for moving WR to RB in certain formations.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Do u know that for sure ?? Just asking cause I can in only som formations on ( Dallas Cowboys)
Get Austin into my backfield as just a HB please briefly explain it ya know for sure ? It would be a huge help if ya could briefly thanks )))))
Old 12-06-2018, 07:27 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo2127
Do u know that for sure ?? Just asking cause I can in only som formations on ( Dallas Cowboys)

Get Austin into my backfield as just a HB please briefly explain it ya know for sure ? It would be a huge help if ya could briefly thanks )))))

The way I used to do it...

I would make say Austin a HB. Then, in formation subs, I would put him into certain formations that I wanted him in the backfield. While playing my games, I would go to depth chart and put him as the 3rd/slot receiver. When out of game in the franchise menu, it doesn’t allow HBs to be placed in WR depth.

So, when you call a play that he is not designated in the backfield, you will have him set up as a receiver. Used to do this a lot with Reggie bush and Percy Harvin as well. Hope that helps.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2018, 07:31 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I tend to view these things differently. I've played madden long enough to know that even if I can put my 478lb DT as a FB, in this game, he'll still be easily tackled by a 95lb DB.

So as far as I am concerned, if the game allows that to happen, giving me the ability to put that DT as a FB is nothing more than yet another 'cute' addition. So if you want to put the DT in there as nothing more than to have the DT there, then honestly, just save it and give me something that matters.

But I fully understand that's just me... I've seen threads where people clamored for different belt buckles.

Likewise if we can put a 95 speed rb in at fullback and ask him to catch and block your probably cheesing the other opponent haha

Old 12-09-2018, 10:26 PM   #13
All Star

UFCMPunk's Arena

Wonder if EA just watched what the Bears just did. Brought in a bunch of defensive players, Hicks again as the RB but Trubisky throws it to a OL for a TD.
Old 12-10-2018, 08:16 AM   #14
F17
Rookie

Goal Line formation, sub packages chief, texan and heavy all do it
Old 12-10-2018, 09:08 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 1

there are packages that used to be in for DT as FB, not RB. When Harbaugh ran the 9ers the madden of that era had a few formations that used it.

id prefer to use another OLine as FB, iirc you could do it in NCAA and HC06 not sure about HC09 and cant remember Madden 08 on PC

i like running the ball, i dont care that im obvious about it. when im ahead and need clock run down then the situation supports that logic; imo its the same as QB kneel.

so i sub Tackles for TEs, id sub a FB as QB if i could or interior lineman as FB. yes i know it makes it obvious but im 1st and goal at the 1, im leading by two scores and its 5 mins left in the 4th.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »