Home

Min Player Speed Threshold

This is a discussion on Min Player Speed Threshold within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-05-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 3
Min Player Speed Threshold

Can someone please explain to me exactly what this does? I am currently playing on
all-madden with default sliders and the speed threshold set to 50. Game speed is set to normal

Does raising it make them go faster or slower? I am just confused how it works

Thanks for the help
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 11:05 AM   #2
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Min Player Speed Threshold

(making up numbers)
So, let's say we're on 50 thresh. You have an 80 speed player and a 90 speed player. After running 10 yards, the 90 speed player is 4 yards ahead.

Bump up thresh to 60 and that 90 speed guy will be 3 yards ahead.

Lower thresh to 40 and that 90 speed guy will be 5 yards ahead.
Old 12-05-2018, 11:10 AM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
(making up numbers)
So, let's say we're on 50 thresh. You have an 80 speed player and a 90 speed player. After running 10 yards, the 90 speed player is 4 yards ahead.

Bump up thresh to 60 and that 90 speed guy will be 3 yards ahead.

Lower thresh to 40 and that 90 speed guy will be 5 yards ahead.

So if the threshold is higher then it makes it a more even playing field? A guy wont be able to run away as easily? So it might make all-madden a little easier lets say?
Old 12-05-2018, 12:04 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So if the threshold is higher then it makes it a more even playing field? A guy wont be able to run away as easily? So it might make all-madden a little easier lets say?
For me, I set mine at 0. Sorry but the way I see it, if you have a slow guy covering a fast guy, you should get burned. As a coach, I just have to account for that. Sadly, I don't think this works as intended because I still get the LB going step for step with my WR on a shallow cross.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:57 PM   #5
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
For me, I set mine at 0. Sorry but the way I see it, if you have a slow guy covering a fast guy, you should get burned. As a coach, I just have to account for that. Sadly, I don't think this works as intended because I still get the LB going step for step with my WR on a shallow cross.
Defensive players get a speed boost in 'chase' situations dependant on their pursuit rating which acts as a kind of catch up boost
You must also bear in mind that more and more NFL linebackers have speeds and accelerations around 90 in Madden terms which is comparable to that of many wideouts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 02:56 PM   #6
MVP

So basically I read in a patch note that If i set it to 75 that will be the old 50. That would slow things down a bit correct?
Old 12-05-2018, 04:24 PM   #7
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftyjets
So basically I read in a patch note that If i set it to 75 that will be the old 50. That would slow things down a bit correct?
Correct

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 10:34 PM   #8
Rookie

Gregor17's Arena

Any of you guys play on All-Madden like myself? What is your parity? Hear me out, I will try to explain it as best I can.

We all know on All-Madden the CPU gains a boost in almost every category. I was in practice mode playing around one night and noticed they also gain a speed boost.

FOR EXAMPLE:

John Ross has a speed Rating of 97. Now I matched up John Ross with TJ Watt, I think he has a speed rating of 86-88, something in that area. And when I looked at the matchup before the snap, John Ross only had something like a +5 speed adavantage. If TJ Watt has a speed of 86 and John Ross has a speed of 97, you would think that he would have a speed advantage of +11. So I lowered the difficulty and went down to All-Pro, Pro, Rookie etc and the margin between the speed advantage (and everything else) grew. What I am trying to say is, with the CPU gaining a boost in speed on All-Madden, to counter that, what would you set the speed parity to? 40? 35? To better create that separation. No way TJ Watt would catch John Ross, and 8/10 times he did, thanks to the All-Madden speed boost for the CPU.

I hope this makes sense !!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »