Home

Greatest Defense In History

This is a discussion on Greatest Defense In History within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2018, 05:49 PM   #1
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14
Greatest Defense In History

Have you guys ever had a game where it was like playing against one of the greatest defenses in NFL history? I'm talking like 85 Bears or 2000 Ravens or something.

I just did. In the 2nd year of my Lions franchise and I played the Redskins and I couldn't do anything!! It was amazing. There was absolutely nowhere to pass the ball for the entire game. Plays that have always worked for me never worked in this game. It didn't matter if I was running short, medium, or deep routes, I couldn't get anyone open. This was the very next game after I shredded the Chargers defense for 400 yards and 5 TD passes, so it has nothing to do with settings. I appreciate the challenge of each game being different and they said the Redskins had the #1 passing defense before the game started, but jeez!!

What irritated me the most though was that my WR with 95 speed and 94 acceleration was having a guy 91 speed and 95 acceleration run step-for-step with him on go routes. It was unlike previous games where after I set it up by running a lot to go deep it worked. Not this time. There was no chance of going deep and I lost count of how many times I got sacked.

Just insane because it was like I had gone in and put the game on All-Madden mode and I didn't. Never seen such. I don't mind a challenge and losing, just insane how it happened.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, the Redskins played tight bump and run coverage for the entire game on every play. That is something I've never seen before on Madden. They didn't play zone coverage at off. All man coverage and all tight up on the receivers and it made passing nearly impossible because I was forced to hang onto the ball looking for open receivers and I got sacked a ton because of it.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

Last edited by AUTiger1; 12-08-2018 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Added More Info
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #2
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Greatest Defense In History

Playing the jaguars D in a CFM that I started before the season began. A 99 ovr and 95 ovr CB is just not fair.
Old 12-08-2018, 06:43 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Playing the jaguars D in a CFM that I started before the season began. A 99 ovr and 95 ovr CB is just not fair.
Not to mention Miles Jack and Telvin Smith. AI Jax (on All-Pro default) has a better D than the majority of my H2H opponents
Old 12-09-2018, 07:29 AM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
The Jaguars defense is like a cheat code lol. I had a Patriots CFM where I faced them in the first round of the playoffs in year 1. It was one if the craziest games of Madden I have ever had against the CPU. Most if the game I could get nothing going on offense and they jumped out to like a 3 score loaded and sacked Brady quite a few times. I ended up going in to the 4th quarter still down but finally was able to start moving the ball and ended up winning the game by like 1 point. I scored the final game winning td as time ran out. It was easily one of the best games I have ever had against the CPU before, that Jaguars defense is really tough to play against.
Old 12-09-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

The Bears defense is also a tough one, I was playing a game in a Saints CFM I had going and in year one they knocked me out of the playoffs in the divisional round. I couldn't get any time to find an open receiver as I had Khalil Mack, Leonard Floyd, or Eddie Goldman in the face of Brees on almost every drop back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #6
MVP

Haven't played against the Bears yet, but they also have some very good players in their secondary, especially at S. Top flight safeties are such a huge help on D.

Texans are also pretty tough. Just wrapped up my AFCCG against them. They held me well below my scoring average for the year. If not for a couple of big plays on my part the game would've gone down to the wire. It's a shame the AI is helpless against ball carrier moves.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:41 AM   #7
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Not so much this yr, but Seattle in yrs past. Especially beginning of the season last yr. Seattle's secondary played god like and almost impossible to throw longer than 10 yrds without getting picked. Due the inflated EA rosters imo, better this yr.

Playing:
Old 12-09-2018, 12:31 PM   #8
MVP

Earl Thomas was one of only a handful of players on the stock rosters last year who had 91 zone. It was crazy OP in regs.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »