Home

EA Its in The Details

This is a discussion on EA Its in The Details within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 12:48 PM   #33
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: EA Its in The Details

I love this game actually but I'll tell you what drives me nuts:

1) the constant showing of the coach on the sidelines. Nobody likes this ever. Nobody wants it in PLEASE take it out.

2) the fact that the game doesn't use the names of players you drafted. yeah sometimes you'll hear the drafted QB's last name but mostly, you never hear them actually mention any of the drafted players names at all.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:35 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

I can’t stand when I get an interception the wacky player motion that follows. No fluidity so I never seem to get the proper yards after pick or ability to set up blocks for my Ed Reed pick six!
Old 12-11-2018, 01:38 PM   #35
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar0725

1) the constant showing of the coach on the sidelines. Nobody likes this ever. Nobody wants it in PLEASE take it out.

2) the fact that the game doesn't use the names of players you drafted. yeah sometimes you'll hear the drafted QB's last name but mostly, you never hear them actually mention any of the drafted players names at all.
1) I definitely agree with this, it's overkill for sure.

2) I mean it would be nice, but I think this would be impossible to do 100% especially with custom draft classes. I mean they would have record thousands of possible names and still not get everyone. I would rather have them spend that time on more in depth commentary personally.

Playing:

Last edited by Darth Aegis; 12-11-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 01:44 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganizedChaos
I can’t stand when I get an interception the wacky player motion that follows. No fluidity so I never seem to get the proper yards after pick or ability to set up blocks for my Ed Reed pick six!
This has gotten cleaned up a bit through patches. It's also pretty important to let the camera do it's thing and not try and control the defender until that's complete. Don't ask me why; that's just my experience on INT returns.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:11 PM   #37
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

1. Agreed.. not sure who thought that was a good idea? The players on the sidelines look horrible too so just show the players going back into the huddle.

2. Also agree, I can understand custom drafts, but I use game generated and those names should be mentioned. I hear a player's name on a sack, then my drafted MLB sacks the QB and it's dead silence.

3. LOVE the player introductions, but those should happen right after the first and second plays.. sometimes it's on the 2nd possession on each team for off/def.

Just little nit picky stuff that would add to the game...
Old 12-11-2018, 02:14 PM   #38
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaReal Milticket
1) I definitely agree with this, it's overkill for sure.

2) I mean it would be nice, but I think this would be impossible to do 100% especially with custom draft classes. I mean they would have record thousands of possible names and still not get everyone. I would rather have them spend that time on more in depth commentary personally.
Not for custom classes I guess not, but other sports games do it for the generic draft classes and it's totally immersing.
Old 12-11-2018, 02:21 PM   #39
Lord of Suffering

Darth Aegis's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Not for custom classes I guess not, but other sports games do it for the generic draft classes and it's totally immersing.
Yeah, I mean I think EA goes 25 - 35 yrs for CFM. So they should know all the players names in random drafts.

Playing:
Old 12-11-2018, 03:36 PM   #40
MVP

AUTiger1's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:

What annoys me the most about the cut scenes are how long they are and how difficult and slow it is trying to fast forward passed them.
Detroit Red Wings
Winnipeg Jets

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »