Home

Anyone noticing older players have unrealistic contract demands?

This is a discussion on Anyone noticing older players have unrealistic contract demands? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-09-2018, 10:31 AM   #1
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

OVR: 0
Anyone noticing older players have unrealistic contract demands?

The contract system has been vastly improved from recent years. It's still annoying that every contract is backloaded and there's no options to frontload contracts, have guaranteed money, have 5th year options, have players accept deal with more money and less years, or many other things that are important for managing the cap...

Lately the most annoying thing is that older players are asking for way too much money, as if their age does not factor into the deal that they are asking for. Some older players are smart. I have a 99 Sidney Jones at age 31 that asked for a 1 year 11mil deal and he accepted a 4 year, $32mill deal. But I also have a 31 year old Miles Garrett who wants a duplicate of the contract I gave him after his rookie deal. Great players deserve to get paid, but when they're starting to regress they shouldn't be asking for the same money as when they were in their prime.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 10:43 AM   #2
Pro

Re: Anyone noticing older players have unrealistic contract demands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPhanatic14
The contract system has been vastly improved from recent years. It's still annoying that every contract is backloaded and there's no options to frontload contracts, have guaranteed money, have 5th year options, have players accept deal with more money and less years, or many other things that are important for managing the cap...

Lately the most annoying thing is that older players are asking for way too much money, as if their age does not factor into the deal that they are asking for. Some older players are smart. I have a 99 Sidney Jones at age 31 that asked for a 1 year 11mil deal and he accepted a 4 year, $32mill deal. But I also have a 31 year old Miles Garrett who wants a duplicate of the contract I gave him after his rookie deal. Great players deserve to get paid, but when they're starting to regress they shouldn't be asking for the same money as when they were in their prime.
I'm an Eagles fan too but I had a serious LMAO moment with "99 Sidney Jones!!!!"

Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that front-loaded contracts are not permitted in the NFL. But I agree... I would like to see more complex contracts like you see in NHL and NBA games.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:49 AM   #3
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321
I'm an Eagles fan too but I had a serious LMAO moment with "99 Sidney Jones!!!!"

Anyway, I thought I read somewhere that front-loaded contracts are not permitted in the NFL. But I agree... I would like to see more complex contracts like you see in NHL and NBA games.

Haha i know right. You can take anyone in Madden and make them a 99 if they're a scheme fit and you train them though. Crazy thing is... he got like 8 INT's last year as my #4 corner so i promoted him and he has 9 through 10 games this season and he is only 10 INT's away from tying the all time record. Dude is a straight baller... even when i benched him haha
Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #4
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Once you sign a player to a contract, you can go into edit mode and change his contract to be front loaded (but still the same over-all amount).

Of course, this doesnt help CPU teams, and you need to sign them first.
Old 12-11-2018, 10:46 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
Once you sign a player to a contract, you can go into edit mode and change his contract to be front loaded (but still the same over-all amount).

Of course, this doesnt help CPU teams, and you need to sign them first.

I've edited contracts before, but never seen a way to front-load them. How do you do that?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 11:10 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc321

Even if front loaded contracts aren't technically permitted in the NFL usually when you see a big 4 or 5 year contract get signed only the first 2 to 3 years of the contract will be guaranteed money. That way a team can cut that player without taking a cap penalty for doing so. They at least need to come up with a system to decide how much of a contract is guaranteed and how that guaranteed money is distributed. That's always one of the main points they bring up when a new contract is signed in the NFL is how much of it is guaranteed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »