Home

Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category

This is a discussion on Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2018, 07:45 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category

The way the NFL is going this is how most RB's will be evaluated.

Not sure about y'all but I would love to see it in Madden 20.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2018, 08:54 PM   #2
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Re: Scrimmage Yards - New Stat Category

Isn't their motto still it's in the game?

Agreed, they need to add more in depth stat tracking in to the game. Another one that I really want to see added is some more in depth metrics to evaluate defensive back performance. They need to add times thrown, an improve the tracking on catches allowed.
Old 12-10-2018, 10:47 PM   #3
Pro

sinthros's Arena

OVR: 0

I don't know how long it's been since this has been omitted, but they no longer track receiver drops; I mean, that's basic stuff, man.
Old 12-10-2018, 11:36 PM   #4
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinthros
I don't know how long it's been since this has been omitted, but they no longer track receiver drops; I mean, that's basic stuff, man.

Exactly, with some positions how are you supposed to really gauge how a player is actually performing for you on the field. Maybe you have a DB that doesn't have many passes deflected or interceptions but that's because he hardly gets thrown at because his coverage ability. Maybe you have a WR that is top 10 in the league in receptions and yards but he also leads the league in drops (cough, cough Braylon Edwards). We wouldn't know though because Madden doesn't track any of the more in depth stats. Another thing that's bothered me is on the team stats page, can we please either change what we have now or add a view that shows the different yardage categories as a per game average.
Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 AM   #5
MVP

PhillyPhanatic14's Arena

Was just thinking this over the weekend with Gore moving up on the all time list. We need more records to break as well. The bigger the statbook the better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #6
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

NBA 2k has included more in depth metrics stats and I believe MLB the show has a lot of the sabermetrics in the game. That's just the way sports are going, teams are using more in depth metrics stats to evaluate players. Now in EA's NHL series I get why they are not in yet because metrics have just really started catching on. They've been used in the NFL now for at least a few years with the introduction of sites like pro football focus. They should be looking at ways to get at least some of these in to Madden.
Old 12-17-2018, 08:12 AM   #7
Rookie

Stats are really frustrating in Madden. IMO it is the biggest flaw for franchise mode. Why are players missing if I sort for sack leaders or INT leaders on NFL level?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Operation Sports
Old 12-17-2018, 09:29 AM   #8
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
Exactly, with some positions how are you supposed to really gauge how a player is actually performing for you on the field. Maybe you have a DB that doesn't have many passes deflected or interceptions but that's because he hardly gets thrown at because his coverage ability. Maybe you have a WR that is top 10 in the league in receptions and yards but he also leads the league in drops (cough, cough Braylon Edwards). We wouldn't know though because Madden doesn't track any of the more in depth stats. Another thing that's bothered me is on the team stats page, can we please either change what we have now or add a view that shows the different yardage categories as a per game average.
Yes definitely. For offense we see our PPG but on defense just the total points. Also redzone % should not be total scoring % but TD %. I would love to see advance next level PFF type metrics, but they can't even get the catches allowed stat to work, so I'm not holding out hope for that one. Would really love for them to implement some form of a PFF rating system that you can actually view the top rated players at each position for each week and on the season as a whole. The rankings would be based on on-field performance only. Maybe even factor it into pro bowl selection, and development trait progression/regression.

However, that is all some next level stuff that I wouldn't expect to see implemented into Madden with this current group of developers, if ever.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »