Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-11-2018, 01:13 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
Wheel routes are probably my favorite. They work as quick hitters, you can take easy yards if the D plays the flats aggressively, and without help over the top they are potential one play TDs. Plays that utilize them in conjunction with a switch release (usually paired with a post or dig) can really help against the match coverages.

C-routes are probably my last favorite. Not really complaining since they were OP last year and I got my fill, but they really are worthless this year.
C or angle routes are poorly written this year, maybe because as you mentioned that they were a bit OP. However, there are some that still work really well. If you're interested, look at Gun Split Post, whereas the HB does run a nice angle. Really good play overall in that you have a slot post, z deep out, x comeback along with the angle. You will notice that the running back doesn't cut out so wide before driving back inside.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:24 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgevoice
C or angle routes are poorly written this year, maybe because as you mentioned that they were a bit OP. However, there are some that still work really well. If you're interested, look at Gun Split Post, whereas the HB does run a nice angle. Really good play overall in that you have a slot post, z deep out, x comeback along with the angle. You will notice that the running back doesn't cut out so wide before driving back inside.
By "C-route" I meant the inside release corner routes from plays like Corner Strike.
Old 12-11-2018, 01:58 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
By "C-route" I meant the inside release corner routes from plays like Corner Strike.
Oh, I gotcha. Yeah, sadly I must say that corner strike has been removed from my gameplan..... Works great if you happen to be up against cover 2 hard flat, but other than that....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 05:54 PM   #12
Rookie

Kentaurus's Arena

Drags are still king, middle hitch is another great route, FB delay has become one of my favorites this year along with any sort of TE seam if it doesn't look like C1/3.

C-routes are awful, outs are a pick6 waiting to happen, I'm awful with both Bubble and Normal WR screens. Corner routes are very hit and miss this year, almost always have to use a touch pass and any play action from under center is a sack waiting to happen.
Old 12-11-2018, 06:24 PM   #13
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I feel alone in the out route club. If it's 3rd and 5ish then there is a 50% chance I am running a play with a 5-6 yard out route in it and it being my first read.

― Plato
Old 12-11-2018, 07:11 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I feel alone in the out route club. If it's 3rd and 5ish then there is a 50% chance I am running a play with a 5-6 yard out route in it and it being my first read.
Omaha is among my top 3 favorite concepts.

I love curl routes, myself. If I could throw all curls to really large-bodied WR all day, I would, with the occasional comeback in there.

I'm also a fan of the deep dig.

I rarely throw 4 verts; I'm afraid I'm gonna get warp picked. I also rarely throw corners or banana routes; I'm also afraid of picks on those throws, for whatever reason.
Old 12-12-2018, 09:04 AM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Many were probably thinking of deeper routes; at least I was. The 10 yard out was a staple for so long and now it's probably in the running for one of the worst in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2018, 09:51 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
You've got company. I still love throwing a well-timed out route, which it has to be or it's going the other way. On 3rd down situations, I like running trail-double china concepts and calling plays with a combination of stop routes-slants- digs. That way I hopefully have an outlet vs. either zone or man defense.

Last edited by edgevoice; 12-12-2018 at 01:10 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »