Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2018, 03:31 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

They would hurt the C2 also as the safety has to choose one to cover which leave the other open. The thing is you aren't likely to face a C2 with that personnel.

― Plato
Old 12-15-2018, 06:05 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Wanna say it was a C3 Match which those switch type routes out of stacked formations kill.
Yup, I definitely spent some time working against switch routes in practice and found cover 3 match to be.......well no match. Base cover 3 actually did a pretty nice job of handling them most of the time.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:51 PM   #35
Rookie

ijumpedthegun's Arena

Sluggo routes and routes with double-moves are some of my favorite in real-life. Unfortunately, they never have time to develop in Madden. I never call those plays because I know it's an automatic sack.

Same for anything play-action.

I love a good comeback route in Madden. One of those routes that you really have to get your timing down correctly on but pays off if executed well. Only issue is that the QB has a tendency to just throw the ball out of bounds or the receivers just don't look for it once they've turned around.

Posts are fun, too, as well as out-routes. One of my house rules is that I try not to throw an out-route across the quarterback's body since that's such a difficult completion in real life and Madden doesn't account for those types of variations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2018, 09:48 PM   #36
Rookie

Riggins's Arena

I like out routes because they're timing routes. And slants are good, skinny posts even better. Shallow cross is good. I have a hard time with comeback routes because I'm afraid to throw it before they turn around because I'm worried about throwing a pick and by the time they turn around either I'm too late and the defender breaks it up or I'm too concerned with the pass rush and I start running or throw it away or take a sack.

Fratagonia on YouTube, Fratagonia Sports Gaming.
Old 12-20-2018, 05:36 AM   #37
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Not a big fan of curls. There isn't a lot of room for error if you make the wrong read. Primarily because it's harder to direct the receiver away from coverage with them since they are coming straight back to the line.

Slants are pretty unstoppable, just like in real football (Bill Walsh once called them the best route in football), because there are multiple windows to throw them if you have protection.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 07:35 AM   #38
MVP

Gonna have to disagree wrt to curls. They are great routes this year. The key is to low point the pass and possession catch so the receiver won't run backwards. Plays with unique hook routes mixed in with hot routed curls mean you can create Spacing concepts that actually work and gain decent yardage at the same time.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:42 AM   #39
Rookie

The deep out has always been my favorite. The physic DB makes this more of a risk based on this years game the way it’s programmed. I think this year I like the switch and digs concepts the most.
Old 12-21-2018, 04:10 PM   #40
MVP

Switch anything can get kinda funky if the D doesn't get pressure. I did a SP season where I ran the RNS playbook and mostly made my living off of the switch plays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »