Home

What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

This is a discussion on What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2018, 12:44 PM   #49
Rookie

CyberSG's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: What's your favourite and least favourite routes to throw?

In madden 18, the corners with a good TE were impossible to cover, but they're not as op as they were. I've always loved a bootleg comeback (If you had good blocking), but now they're op right now. Overall, it seems like there is always that one amazing route.
Old 12-27-2018, 11:05 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I just figured out how to keep the outside third off your deep out. Send a vertical up the seam to the same side. Take a look at Gun Spread - Circle.

Don't let the play art fool you. That out doesn't break until 15 yards. It's an easy pitch and catch against C3 in practice, and you can create this with hot routes, obviously.
That is my go to, borderline cheese, third down play. Thing is the out route is my 3rd option and half the time I hot route it to a comeback if he is on the near side of the field. That crossing route? That is my primary read. If that is taken away you can hit the RB on the circle route in time to get some good YAC.

I like throwing most routes, but hate double moves, C routes, and screens. All of those are pretty much eliminated from my gameplan.

Everything else is great though. Hitting the dig on the dagger concept gives me a lot of joy.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:22 PM   #51
MVP

I don't consider the play cheese bc the AI has disguise options at its disposal. The out is money against 3 sky or 3 buzz, but it's getting picked off against 3 match or 3 cloud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 01:40 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkubus
I don't consider the play cheese bc the AI has disguise options at its disposal. The out is money against 3 sky or 3 buzz, but it's getting picked off against 3 match or 3 cloud.
Does the AI disguise its coverages?
Old 12-31-2018, 01:47 PM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
3 buzz and 3 cloud are disguises by design. Both give a two high look presnap and 3 cloud can look a lot like tampa 2 in the first seconds post snap.

With respect to the circle play my point was that you can't blindly throw the out once you see a S playing middle third. The cross is money, but that's true against every D in the game. C'est la vie.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:53 PM   #54
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
There are a few play now where it does. One that I see quite a bit now is when the CPU will come out in a single high look, and then when I send I guy in motion it will shift into 2 high. A lot the zone blitz calls have some nice deception baked in as well.

As to the topic:

I almost never throw curls because receivers don't attack back to ball the way they should most of the time. My favorite is the deep cross. It isn't open most of the time because of the coverage or having too much pressure to wait for it to uncover, but when it connects it is glorious.

Speaking of pressure, when I watch streams or videos of a lot people play, sim players of course, it is interesting to me that most players have their sliders tuned to have way, way too much time to throw. They're having four or five seconds on 90 percent of their throws, someone will get basically get open every play.

I realize that the point is to have fun, but for me fun is knowing that I have to get that ball out quickly, sometimes when playing against a top tier pass rush, it better be out in 2 1/2 seconds or I'm dead, and some plays are basically off the table for that game because my protection just can't hold up.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 12-31-2018, 03:48 PM   #55
MVP

underdog13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
There are a few play now where it does. One that I see quite a bit now is when the CPU will come out in a single high look, and then when I send I guy in motion it will shift into 2 high. A lot the zone blitz calls have some nice deception baked in as well.

As to the topic:

I almost never throw curls because receivers don't attack back to ball the way they should most of the time. My favorite is the deep cross. It isn't open most of the time because of the coverage or having too much pressure to wait for it to uncover, but when it connects it is glorious.

Speaking of pressure, when I watch streams or videos of a lot people play, sim players of course, it is interesting to me that most players have their sliders tuned to have way, way too much time to throw. They're having four or five seconds on 90 percent of their throws, someone will get basically get open every play.

I realize that the point is to have fun, but for me fun is knowing that I have to get that ball out quickly, sometimes when playing against a top tier pass rush, it better be out in 2 1/2 seconds or I'm dead, and some plays are basically off the table for that game because my protection just can't hold up.
Honestly receivers just don't run their routes fast enough to have the dline close that quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2018, 03:58 PM   #56
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
Honestly receivers just don't run their routes fast enough to have the dline close that quickly.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
This is true and and its not a spd, acc, or route running issue. In franchise Antonio Brown can get all 99s for route running by mid to late yr 1 just off confidence. Even he cant get open in time on so many routes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »