Home

Needed Feature

This is a discussion on Needed Feature within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
eFootball 2022 Review
FIFA 22 Review
Hot Wheels: Unleashed Review
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
MVP
 
YogiGarebear89's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Blog Entries: 1
Needed Feature

I was playing some franchise last night and realized how nice it would be if Madden added a "Trade Finder" feature like they have in 2K. It seems as if Madden's trade system is a bit wacky, at least to me. How would you guys like a feature like this?
__________________
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
YogiGarebear89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-11-2018, 10:48 PM   #2
MVP
 
Shosum13's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Re: Needed Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
I was playing some franchise last night and realized how nice it would be if Madden added a "Trade Finder" feature like they have in 2K. It seems as if Madden's trade system is a bit wacky, at least to me. How would you guys like a feature like this?

It's not the exact same thing but if you add a player to your trade block you will get offers from any interested team when you advance to the next week. A trade finder wouldn't hurt though, especially with trying to trade for a player you want. Without a trade finder what ends up happening is the team keeps turning down your offer until you give them one they will accept. At the very least they should program the CPU to make counter offers if there is an asset on your team they have interest in with your initial offer, or if it's a player you are trying to trade for that they would be willing to part with.
Shosum13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 PM   #3
MVP
 
YogiGarebear89's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2013
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Needed Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
It's not the exact same thing but if you add a player to your trade block you will get offers from any interested team when you advance to the next week. A trade finder wouldn't hurt though, especially with trying to trade for a player you want. Without a trade finder what ends up happening is the team keeps turning down your offer until you give them one they will accept. At the very least they should program the CPU to make counter offers if there is an asset on your team they have interest in with your initial offer, or if it's a player you are trying to trade for that they would be willing to part with.
Yeah exactly, idk if they fixed it this year, but last year they would only offer you draft picks and they would always be like 6th and 7th rounders which is ridiculous. Either way, Madden needs to fix their trade system
__________________
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
YogiGarebear89 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:54 AM   #4
MVP
 
Rayzaa's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Re: Needed Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
It's not the exact same thing but if you add a player to your trade block you will get offers from any interested team when you advance to the next week. A trade finder wouldn't hurt though, especially with trying to trade for a player you want. Without a trade finder what ends up happening is the team keeps turning down your offer until you give them one they will accept. At the very least they should program the CPU to make counter offers if there is an asset on your team they have interest in with your initial offer, or if it's a player you are trying to trade for that they would be willing to part with.
2K5 would offer counters. It was kinda tough to make trades in that game too but you could get it done and at least a counter would give you an idea of what they are after.

Sometimes a team will offer a player along with draft picks in Madden but not very often. What I do sometimes is when I see a team interested while offering three picks and one of them is like a 2nd or 3rd, I'll go to manual trade and try and work something out besides just draft picks.
Rayzaa is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 01:25 AM   #5
MVP
 
Shosum13's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Michigan
Re: Needed Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
2K5 would offer counters. It was kinda tough to make trades in that game too but you could get it done and at least a counter would give you an idea of what they are after.

Sometimes a team will offer a player along with draft picks in Madden but not very often. What I do sometimes is when I see a team interested while offering three picks and one of them is like a 2nd or 3rd, I'll go to manual trade and try and work something out besides just draft picks.

I don't think getting mostly just offers of draft picks for a player on the block is that unrealistic. Look at the real NFL, most trades are exactly that; players for picks. This year trades are much more difficult than last year and teams value draft picks and young players a lot more this year, as they should. I enjoy the difficulties of trading the system just needs a little refresh and at least implementing a counter offer system would be huge.



Up until the last few years trades were very rare in the NFL, they just now are starting to happen frequently. I think we are only going to see an increase in trades at the deadline and in the off-season as teams in the NFL are starting to catch up to what other leagues have been doing for years. Rebuilding teams ship out veterans to acquire assets, and the contending teams fill holes with these veterans. With the growing fanfare surrounding the deadline I would love to see the NFL move it back from week 8 to week 10. That would help further increase the exciting moves we see as more teams will know their place in the playoff picture.
Shosum13 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 08:52 AM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2018
Re: Needed Feature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayzaa
2K5 would offer counters. It was kinda tough to make trades in that game too but you could get it done and at least a counter would give you an idea of what they are after.

Sometimes a team will offer a player along with draft picks in Madden but not very often. What I do sometimes is when I see a team interested while offering three picks and one of them is like a 2nd or 3rd, I'll go to manual trade and try and work something out besides just draft picks.
I've long clamored that EA added some kind of counteroffer but at the same time, they need to fix their trade logic. During the draft, the AI will over a trade something pick 18 2019 for pick 48 2020.

Huh???
kennylc321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.

Top -