Home

Help me, I suck.

This is a discussion on Help me, I suck. within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-20-2018, 05:32 AM   #9
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Help me, I suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForUntoOblivionSoar∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClichE_UFC
So I basically play almost every sports game on the hardest difficulty, and usually I pick them up fairly quickly. I bought Madden 19 a few days ago, I like it alot, and I understand that you can't be a god right away. But I can't for the life of me get a win on the Pro difficulty. The rookie difficulty is too easy, and I score 50-10 every time. Defense I have no problem, but on the offense i'm really struggling. I'm having a hard time finding people open, and I make incomplete passes all the time. And I suck so bad that I get the ball intercepted almost every offensive play I have.

So I need some tips from you guys! I use the coach suggestive plays, should I go for some specific plays? I'm also really new to NFL.
If you have trouble reading coverage, try more empty formations, as they spread things out and to a certain extent force the defense to declare its coverage (but remember you have to rid of it quickly). Also, having a good running game does help the passing game.

One thing that really helps is to recognize when the middle of the field is open (two safeties are spaced in the deep back of the secondary) or when it is closed (one guy in the middle of the field deep). If it's open, you're most likely going to see cover 2 or cover 4, if it's closed, mostly likely cover 3 or cover 1. Knowing those coverage will tell you pre-snap where the most likely open spots on the field will be.

If it's open (2 men high), be careful of throwing it near the sideline near the line of scrimmage to your wide receivers. If it's closed (single man high) be careful throwing it down the field in the middle.

There are no hard, fast rules, but the game follows real life fairly well with respect to this topic.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:59 AM   #10
Rookie

I joined OS for pretty much this reason. I am terrible. I blew teams up on rookie but jumping to Pro has been a challenge. I'm still wining about 75% of my games but I'm throwing buckets of picks, usually because I can't read coverage. Which of the drills are best for this?
Old 12-20-2018, 12:12 PM   #11
MVP

Practice mode will allow you to control the most variables.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-20-2018, 12:59 PM   #12
MVP

Godgers12's Arena

Just go on youtube like 95% of the community. You can learn a lot from some of the "Pro gamers" that have youtube channels. I use to pride my self on finding my own plays and such, and rarely used YouTube. However, I have watched more YouTube vids this year than the previous 10 years combined.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app

If walls could talk to spill the lies, we'd see the world through devils eyes
-M. Shadows
Old 12-20-2018, 02:15 PM   #13
MVP

YouTube is invaluable. I don't have time to play and lab. I don't need to be able to beat the best; all I really care about is being good enough to beat randoms, and you can do that in this game using 100% legitimate offensive and defensive concepts on every single snap. Many YouTubers, like Deuce Close and ny_kia, provide this type of content deliberately. Even the stuff the competitive guys put out isn't all cheese.
'

Last edited by stinkubus; 12-20-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:19 PM   #14
Rookie

I was thinking if there are some sliders for rookie difficulty. If someone could help me with that? I would like to have the rookie offense and pro defense
Old 12-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #15
MVP

ForUntoOblivionSoar∞'s Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClichE_UFC
I was thinking if there are some sliders for rookie difficulty. If someone could help me with that? I would like to have the rookie offense and pro defense
Reducing the AI interception and reaction sliders coupd help your offense. Also raise user wr sliders.
https://forums.operationsports.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2049813056

Last edited by your mom; 06-06-2006 at 6:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2019, 10:58 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 1

Worst football game I have ever played. The defense is insanely good no matter what position they play. Corners leaping and making one handed interceptions and line backers diving multiple yards across the field to pick a pass off. One of the best things you could hope for in football is single coverage. In this game if you have a single defender you are most likely throwing a pick because there isn’t 50/50 balls. It’s 85/15 defense no matter the WB, WR, and DB.

Last edited by AStubbs7; 01-03-2019 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Jdsb

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »