Home

EA turned Gronkowski into a simple TE

This is a discussion on EA turned Gronkowski into a simple TE within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
MVP

Shosum13's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: EA turned Gronkowski into a simple TE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
Madden has needed some sort of player tendency/badge/ability system for years. Instead, we have limited, generic presets where everyone plays similarly. To me, it's the biggest reason why madden is so stale and gets boring fast.

It almost feels like they just lack innovation, there is so much that they could add. I thoroughly agree with you that they could use a tendency/badge system because players play to similar. I wonder if behind the scenes there are things things that we've been wanting to see added that they are working on but haven't been able to get the coding right.
Old 12-22-2018, 02:26 PM   #10
Pro

Haze88's Arena

OVR: 5

Well he has been lately. This is the closest the game has emulated him and all it took was him being broken down and washed up. No receiving TE is really impactful if they aren't fast because animations are more important than size in Madden
Old 12-22-2018, 04:06 PM   #11
Pro

OVR: 4

How great would it be if we had editable options like this for example, where we would have to really take note and scheme against certain players?

QB - Lamar Jackson
TYPE: scrambling qb

TENDENCIES

Stays in pocket: 35% Scrambles 65 %

Short: 65% Intermediate: 32% Deep: 3%

Tends To Take Off: 65%

Holds On To Ball(extend plays): 35%

Consistency: 55

Personality(effects celebrations and interactions on the field): Laid back

BADGES: 3

QUICK FEET - GOLD
- This player excels at scrambling, +4 stamina, +4 acceleration, +4 speed, +4 agility.

FIELD GENERAL - BRONZE
- This player is a natural leader. +2 awareness, and +1 awareness to his teammates on the field.

THROWING ON THE RUN(SHORT) - SILVER
- This player excels at throwing short routes on the run. +2 short accuracy, +2 agility, +1 speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2018, 07:02 PM   #12
MVP

underdog13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fist Of Kings
How great would it be if we had editable options like this for example, where we would have to really take note and scheme against certain players?

QB - Lamar Jackson
TYPE: scrambling qb

TENDENCIES

Stays in pocket: 35% Scrambles 65 %

Short: 65% Intermediate: 32% Deep: 3%

Tends To Take Off: 65%

Holds On To Ball(extend plays): 35%

Consistency: 55

Personality(effects celebrations and interactions on the field): Laid back

BADGES: 3

QUICK FEET - GOLD
- This player excels at scrambling, +4 stamina, +4 acceleration, +4 speed, +4 agility.

FIELD GENERAL - BRONZE
- This player is a natural leader. +2 awareness, and +1 awareness to his teammates on the field.

THROWING ON THE RUN(SHORT) - SILVER
- This player excels at throwing short routes on the run. +2 short accuracy, +2 agility, +1 speed.
I like it, except what's the point of badges? Why not just have them reflected in the ratings originally?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2018, 02:33 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog13
I like it, except what's the point of badges? Why not just have them reflected in the ratings originally?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

It's just a preference thing I guess, sort of like how nba 2k does it. I think apf 2k8 had something similar with it's player ability system, so that, tendencies, and editable tendencies is something I've been wanting in madden for a long time now.
Old 12-24-2018, 04:01 PM   #14
MVP

Rayzaa's Arena

Seems Gronk is pretty ordinary these days and is on the decline. Still a good player but he isn't what he was. He has had a lot of injuries.
Wasn't he contimplating retirement after last season?
Old 12-24-2018, 08:22 PM   #15
Banned

Madden does not recognize size, at all. I mean, have you seen the tackling? lol.

Though I would say Gronk has been awful this year. I am Patriots fan and the TB12 Method is obviously not working. Gronk has turned into a soyboy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #16
MVP

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosum13
It almost feels like they just lack innovation, there is so much that they could add. I thoroughly agree with you that they could use a tendency/badge system because players play to similar. I wonder if behind the scenes there are things things that we've been wanting to see added that they are working on but haven't been able to get the coding right.

The 'trait' system is designed to differentiate players ( alongside the ratings obviously ) , and then many on here especially advocate 'switching them off' wholesale or ascribing all players at one position with traits at a specific idealised setting ( ie QBs pressure trait etc) , so we here at least are definitely sending the devs mixed messages in this regard to be honest

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »